Master and Servant 3D Entry: Peter Elvin

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 03 March 2005   #1
Master and Servant 3D Entry: Peter Elvin

Peter Elvin has entered the Master and Servant 3D.

Challenge Page

Latest Update: Texturing: Finnaly!

After ive had an accident with my textures. I told myself today to redo them. So here is the start. Haha, think ive never said this but I better sneak somewhere to do some cosmetic study, the black under her eyes look a bit weird. What I really have been putting down most time texturing is the Lips. Which I hope you like.

Last edited by mireneye : 04 April 2005 at 02:23 PM.

Old 03 March 2005   #2
Just sayin that this competition will be fun and enjoyable, Good luck to all in this competition. Im going to do my best.
Cheers

Old 03 March 2005   #3
Concept Sketch: Sketch

Aah yes... I have just began makin some basic sketching. And Ive been tryin to sketch out the concept of my plan as well. The master, will be parasites, which comes from a giant Halfplant/HalfBioMech thing. The parasites are masters over their preys, but the Giant 'plant' is the headmaster. There will be certain thing that will be apparent for those 'infected' The feeling towards master is an struggling to not beacome fully converted... Desparately looking for hope.

Cheers

Old 03 March 2005   #4
Began sketching some environment just recently. Hopefully it will work out good within the composition.

Old 03 March 2005   #5
Concept Sketch: Tentacle Basic Modelling

Allright, In previous update I did'nt include anything on the parasite beeing. This is something I mixed up pretty quick to give a feel of the organic part. Take or give, a better remake of this, covered with leaves, and mirage, and such, with some mecanical implants on well choosen spots.

Ill be back soon with the full 'Concept story' So stay tuned.

Cheers.

Old 03 March 2005   #6
Hey Peter ,
I like the parasite idea of controlling its prey, look forward to the story as I think this will be important to help get your idea across. Good luck with the challenge.

Old 03 March 2005   #7
Thank you very much. Im goin to do my best with modelling. Altho, I know Im probably not goin to be up to some peoples standard, im goin to try my best and extend my limits.

Cheers, and good luck to you too!

Old 03 March 2005   #8
Hi Peter

the concept is great, also i like your sketch. quiet dark topic, is she the only "infected" or will you add some "halfmuteated" beings as well?
how do the "connections" on their victims work? physical attachments?
Quote: Thank you very much. Im goin to do my best with modelling. Altho, I know Im probably not goin to be up to some peoples standard, im goin to try my best and extend my limits.
thats what those challenges are meant to be for.
keep it up, atill waiting for the "full story"
oh, best luck and loadsa fun of course,
cheers

Old 03 March 2005   #9
very nice idea.

I think you'll have to add more randomness to those tentacles though. I like your sketch, you should try making some sketches that portray the emotional state of your characters, it will help I think.

Good luck.
modelling practice #1

Old 03 March 2005   #10
Modeling: Beginning a parasited head

This is the control mesh of a parasited head. It has yet to get its parasited features. But when im finished with the 'character' I will add those.

Crits are welcomed.
Also, ill hang on to my story a while longer. I got to define a few things, and give it more reason.

Thanks, and happy modelling.

Old 03 March 2005   #11
Modeling: ZBrush Pass 1

After seeing some poeple use Zrbush, I was utterly amazed. And then, I said to myself... I need to master Zbrush myself. So, I ran a fast Zbrush Pass just recently.. And this is how the 1st pass turned out. Rendered in max, only a halfassed skin shader used.

Old 03 March 2005   #12
Modeling: Zbrush pass 2

Allright, I feel finished fiddeling with Zbrush for the modelling part. I saved the eyes since this guy is mostly parasitet there is something special about their eyes that tell you that they are parasitet. But more on that later. Since 3dsmax is getting really slow running this model I think I will try to make the texturing for this from within Zbrush will be my first Texturing In Zbrush job, so wish me luck.

Happy modelling.

Old 03 March 2005   #13
getting there and god luck whith texturing in zbrush och ha en bra dag o lycka till,
see you

Old 03 March 2005   #14
Nice sketches. Keep at the model. Wrinkles are a mutha...

Old 03 March 2005   #15
Modeling: Modelling / Story

The image is the head of the Girls uncle. She has always loved him, and he has taken care of her when she has had it hard with her parents. To protect herself in harsh times, her uncle thought her how to use weapons, and how to fight. Can she stand against her own beloved, and the treat of the parasites?

Story:

They came unheard of, they came in masses, and they came silent as the whispers of the wind. One day, my world was convered by mindless beasts of once family and friends. The source of all was yet unknown. I searched for people who was still of my kind, but I was left alone... I hid myself to crie in vain, thus I though that all was lost.

In the ashes of my old hometown, I saw something arise above the rooftops that still soared in the sky.

In hope to end the cause of my beloved earths dispair. I took myself there to investigate what could have stood above the buildings.

Terrified by the thought that mankind was coming to an end. I grabbed on to my Gun, and made myself ready to fight, giving up my life for whats right.

Thread Closed share thread