Master and Servant 2D Entry: Laurent Mordin

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 03 March 2005   #1
Master and Servant 2D Entry: Laurent Mordin

Laurent Mordin has entered the Master and Servant 2D.

Challenge Page

Latest Update: Final Image: The punishment of maïkal

I think of having finished my image I have write a little history to explain it

The punishment of maïkal

It happened a so long time ago that all the written works have been lost and the actual books do not even report it....Good and evil forces conflicted with each other. The battles became fabulous because the magic had being used as it had never been before. Hordes of devils, followed by every single entities living in Hell faced light-creatures armies.

In such troubled times, the dark forces won and several obscurs centurys followed on Earth under the domination of devils who, having shared out the world, became real tyrants, enslaving men and every living creatures of Gaia.

In order to establish their authority and to materialize it, they ordered the construction of huges residences, symbols of their power, and made men worship the dark forces.

Therefore, they erected Katedrals, huge constructions decorated with many sculptures describing demons. In each one of them was put a krull orb, real gate between Hearth and Hell, which permited squads of dark creatures of the ether to break at anytime.

At this point used to reign Esmaroth, the "purple king" of the Hell, absolute master of the evil hordes and chief of demons-lords living on Earth. His Katédraël was the hugest and his orb allowed him to see everything which was happening on Gaia. He was the only one to edict laws and to make them applied his way, always in hatred and violence.

although we don't know exactly today when all this happened we know that it lasted many centurys. One don't know exactly how ended the purple king reign. One tell that men, terrified by Esmaroth power found a guide, whose the name was Maïkal. He was a peasant born during the evil reign.Thanks to the strength of his youth, he fought against the demons laws and managed to organize a small army made of men, resisting against hordes of Trolls which were trying to steal their small harvest. But Esmaroth heard about Maïkal schemes and ordered that one would bring him in front of him. In order to punish him, he spared his life but killed his young wife to make him suffer as long as he would live.

Set free, Maïkal stood several years prostrate, but his hatred of demons made him come near with the divine forces, which touched by his eternel love his wife made him still feeling , decided to raise for him a new army to face Esmaroth, and save the humanity.

The brave and willfull Maïkal, leading the light creatures, won against Esmaroth hordes, setting free the world from darkness.

One tell, that afterward, to reward him, Gods opened for him their kingdom door for the eternity.

FRENCH VERSION

la punition de Maïkal

A une époque si lointaine que les écrits se sont perdus et que les livres d’aujourd’hui n’en parlent pas. En des temps si reculés, que les historiens n’ont put en conserver la mémoire, les forces du mal et du bien entrèrent en conflit. Les batailles fûrent fabuleuses, la magie étant utilisée comme jamais auparavant. Des hordes de démons, accompagnés de toutes les entités peuplant les enfers, affrontèrent les armées de créatures de lumière.

En ces temps troublés, les forces ténébreuses l’emportèrent, et la terre des hommes vécue de nombreux siècles obscurs, sous le joug des démons qui, s’étant partagés le monde, s’érigèrent en véritables tyrans, asservissant les hommes et toutes les créatures vivantes de Gaia.

Afin d’asseoir leur pouvoir et de le matérialisé, ils firent construire de vastes demeures, emblème de leur puissance, et firent que les hommes vouent un culte sans défaut aux forces ténébreuses.

C’est ainsi que, du sol, surgirent les katédraëls, gigantesques constructions aux multiples sculptures imageant les démons de l’enfer. Dans chacun de ces édifices était placée une orbe de krull, véritable pont entre la terre et les enfers, permettant ainsi aux escouades de créatures obscures de l'éther, de déferler à tous moments.

A cette époque, régnait alors, Esmaroth, le « roi pourpre » des enfers, maître absolu des hordes démoniaques et chef des seigneurs-démons vivants sur terre. Sa Katédraël était la plus grande et son orbe lui permettait de voir tout ce qu’il se passait sur Gaia. C’est lui qui édictait les lois et les faisait appliquer à sa manière, toujours dans la haine et la violence.

Si ces temps nous sont aujourd’hui inconnus, ils ont pourtant duré des siècles. Nul ne sait vraiment comment a pris fin le règne du Roi Pourpre. On raconte que les hommes, terrifiés par la puissance d'Esmaroth, trouvèrent un guide, il s'appelait Maïkal. C'était un paysans naît sous le règne du mal. Par la force de sa jeunesse, il s'opposa aux lois des démons et réussis a lever une petite armée d'homme, résistant aux groupes de troll venant piller leur maigres récoltes. Mais Esmaroth eu connaissance de ses agissements et le fît venir devant lui. Pour le punir, il le laissa en vie, mais tua sa jeune épouse afin qu’il souffre le restant de sa vie.

Laissé libre, Maïkal, resta de longues années, errant parmis les terres désolées, mais la haine des démons le fît se présenter devant les puissances divines qui, touchés par l'amour éternel qu’il portait encore à son épouse, décidèrent de lever une nouvelle armée pour combattre Esmaroth, et sauver les hommes de leur noir destin.

A force de volonté et de courage, Maïkal, à la tête des créatures de lumière, vainquis les hordes d'Esmaroth, libérant ainsi le monde des ténèbres.

Il est dit qu'ensuite, pour le récompenser, les dieux l'accueillir dans leur royaume pour l'éternité.

The translation of French in English was made by my friend Guimetz and I thank him , It would have been impossible for me to make it, my English being really bad (I should maybe return to the school)

I am very happy to have participated in this challenge, I have still taught it new things the contact of very great artists who participate in this competition

I would like to thank all the artists who encouraged me during this supernatural challence

ace4016, NinjaASSN, Fahrija, Kyena, Kalemma, Spacenail, Monsitj, Element5, Lemog, NOOB, sketchfiend, WIL, Adrianna, Wussie, Airborn, nebezial, coldfront, scootermaya, Lilie, BlueEyeLizard, Virtuoso, CgTalk member, Climax, Tommy Lee, Don_acme, Pierrick, Riddick, ms@zx, Wussie, jstardust, ninox, teknotek83, Lady Medusa, Neozoom, Baron Impossible, Eclipson, Rhenia, Dogdoy, kuzgunoglu, oro, Ranath, OKMER, OliveBeard, sethart, mack72, Laramus Maximus, lynch, tuck, am7, JakubFromOz, Tranchefeux, cgkrusty, walrus, ogar555, JMcWilliams, calisto, Squibbit, falcor, wireFrame, Gamoron, fooxoo, Fiolka Alexandre, beelow, Freiyer, CoreyArtE, BlacKeri, ilusiondigital, xric7, gulliver3, jugeras, Aradiael, thierry2005, Art2, David01, Samuraikuroi, snowkiwi, Cameron Gardner, liiga, GhostinTheMachine, SoniaNotRed, Glenn Gallegos, 'mb, cyberarts, djinx

And special Thank to :
Guimetz, for his goods translations
Morgy, for his help
jeromoo for his constructive crits
dunkelgold for his help

I hope to find everybody during the next challenge and I wish good luck to all the participants

Last edited by MDN67 : 05 May 2005 at 04:26 PM.

Old 03 March 2005   #2
I am very happy to be able to participate again has a challenge CG. Once again I think that I am going to teach it many thing and to see of beautiful very realization.

forward

Old 03 March 2005   #3
Good luck to you.

In the year 4016...

Old 03 March 2005   #4
Thank guy, good luck for you

Old 03 March 2005   #5
best wishes man

DW V 2d

Old 03 March 2005   #6
Hi laurent,

wish you good luck - good to see you again.

fahrija

Old 03 March 2005   #7
Likewise Laurent - good luck and have fun

My website

Old 03 March 2005   #8
thank at all

Old 03 March 2005   #9
good luck and have fun
bonne chance

Old 03 March 2005   #10
Et surtout que l'Inspiration soit avec toi

Old 03 March 2005   #11
Hi , glad to see you again! have fun together! good luck !!!

Old 03 March 2005   #12
Hiya, Popped over to give support....good luck!!

I create therefore I am....

MY WEBSITE

EON Challenge
GOON WORLD Project
SERVICEBAY12

Old 03 March 2005   #13
Another great artist to follow here... great... good luck Laurent

Old 03 March 2005   #14
thanks guys

I think of directing my concept towards a medieval time by tilting to the héroic fantasy, a domain which I like. In this time reports master / servant were comuns. Because the world is nevertheless dominated by the evil, I think that it will be, once again, him who will be the boss. He will be personified by a demoniac entity, That I could not Make otherwise to make hideous and impressionnate at the physical level.
There will be obviously the poor unchainned human beings and dominated by this entity

My first sketch will soon be posted

Old 03 March 2005   #15
gud luck man!!

Thread Closed share thread