Master and Servant 2D Entry: James Bryson

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

03 March 2005
Master and Servant 2D Entry: James Bryson

James Bryson has entered the Master and Servant 2D.

Challenge Page

Latest Update: Final Image: uploaded

Here is the one that is being uploaded.

I must say I have learned alot from this contest on what to do and not to do thanks to the other members of this awesome site.

I would like to thank everyone for thier crits and support, and I wish you all the best of luck with your entries too.

03 March 2005
Concept Sketch: Concept Sketch1

I am attempting to convey various aspects of the master/servant relationship with this concept. (1) Everyone-even the master-is a slave to something. Often the master is completely dependent upon the slave. (2) Your desires and obsessions ultimately make you a slave. (3) Finally, one becomes their obsession/their master. As one consumes more of their obsession they begin to look like, talk like, act like, etc. their obsession/their master.

In this portrayal there are 2 master-servant relationships at work. (1) The woman in the center-a very stereotypical depiction of beauty and female desire-is a slave to her material desires. In this case, her material desires take the form of diamonds. She is attached to a machine that grinds diamonds and allows her to live. Her junk, her monkey are the diamonds. She is a slave to her material desire. (2)The half-man/half-dogs are slaves to their sexual desire for the woman in the center. They bring her diamonds that allow her to feed her monkey and they are rewarded in turn. The woman is the central master in this sketch. But she is a slave to her own desires and she is dependent upon-a slave to- the man/dogs that bring her the junk.
The men are slaves in the truest sense. They are morphing into dogs-man's slave. Dogs entertain us, feed our needs for companionship and loyalty, fetch our house shoes and newspapers, etc. The men have become her dogs, her slaves, they answer to her needs. Their sexual desires have made them slaves.
The woman is becoming like her master and taking on material traits of her master/desire/obsession. Her eyes are diamonds. The lower part of one of her legs is turning into a diamond. Her life stems from the supply of diamonds. She will always be a slave to her obsession but her obsession/desires/master is becoming a material, substantial, obvious part of her in a very literal sense.

03 March 2005
Concept Sketch: Concept_Sketch 2

Read above. Just a differnt angle

03 March 2005
Concept Sketch: Concept_Sketch 3

These are all 3 of my sketches. I would not mind at all, getting some feed back.

Thanks

04 April 2005
Line Art: Line Art

Here is my line art.

I must say it has been awhile since I have drawn anything. I hope this is more understandable to read than my messy sketches.

This will be my most challenging project yet. I have never put so much stuff in one drawing before.

I would also love some feed back.

Thanks you looking.

04 April 2005
great sketch!

04 April 2005
koryrats, NOOB!,

Thanks, and good luck to you guys too.

04 April 2005
welcome here.

Nice sketches and lineart , very clean , but anyway I don't like (it is only MY opignion he ) the anthro creatures serving the girl , and I don't know why the girl is part of a machine ...
strange but needs some precisions I think

My Journey Begins Challenge Thread:
http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?t=328222

04 April 2005
Coloring WIP: Highly Maintained Junky

Here is a small low rez color test. This is by no means my final color choices. Just playing around seeing what I like and do not like. She will be pale no matter what, because she can not get outside.

All of the brightness is the Diamonds.

04 April 2005
great linework..try to work a little more on the creatures...and if you can pls tell us more about the idea...

04 April 2005
Neozoom,

Thanks you your honest option, I appreciate it.

Did you not understand my explanation of the dogs, diamonds, and the girl????

Post number 2 Is my main Idea.

Thanks for your feed back..

oro,

Thanks for stopping by. I will work on them some more.

I guess I need to rewrite my concept.. I will get that up here tonight.

Last edited by Agent-Orange : 04 April 2005 at 08:25 PM.

04 April 2005
Coloring WIP: coloring test 2

Another coloring test

04 April 2005
Coloring WIP: coloring test 3

color test with some more contrast in it.

04 April 2005
Coloring WIP: Adjusments

I decided to break this up into parts so my computer will not melt or something like that. I was blocking her in and decided to make some small changes to her body.

I think I might have her right arm reach up for one of those diamond necklaces.

Thread Closed share thread