Master and Servant 3D Entry: Anthony Ray Hollis

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 03 March 2005   #1
Master and Servant 3D Entry: Anthony Ray Hollis

Anthony Ray Hollis has entered the Master and Servant 3D.

Challenge Page

Latest Update: Modeling: Characters - The Wizard & His Assistant ( Rigged & Posed)

Wow!... What a weekend this has been. I checked out my thread a saw some of you were giving me the business lol...that's cool...I'll be back to post in your threads soon <GRIN>

But I was far from slacking, put it this way...when I went to select the milestone for this entry I was looking for "Birth by Fire".

Without going into a whole lot of drama...I had to relearn how to rig with the latest ver of LW due to some changes with the char anim tools...it has been a learning experience to say the least more like 18+ hours of learning and fustration.

So here they are rigged and posed LOL, I had the little guy in character acting as if he see's something he wants to pick up. And I still need to tweak my meshes some for better deformation but its really coming out well.

Im still on pace though thank God and the biggest thing is that Im actually having fun. So now its off to modeling the environment this week...Hope your weekends were enjoyable :)

"I see my path, but I don't know where it leads. Not knowing where I'm going is what inspires me to travel it."

Last edited by Kid-Mesh : 03 March 2005 at 01:14 AM.

Old 03 March 2005   #2
Hey Anthony,

You gotta get your Master/Servant thread link in your sig it took me a minute to find you at first. Anyway, looking forward to seeing what you come up with

Shaykai

Master & Servant CGtalk challenge entry

Old 03 March 2005   #3
welcome to contest and good luck

Old 03 March 2005   #4
Good luck, and have lots of fun.

In the year 4016...

Old 03 March 2005   #5
Talking

hehe, best luck to you too
bring it on!

Old 03 March 2005   #6
Best of luck.

Old 03 March 2005   #7
ē Wellcome on board Anthony and good luck!

Old 03 March 2005   #8
Red face Wheels go round and round

Thanks all,

I spent about three hours last night pondering some ideas and seeing if I could really "Flex" my imagination for this contest. Towards the end of the night I had some really cool Ideas (I thought anyway) but to me they didnít seem feasible in the time allotted to finish the contest.
But the idea I decieded on I think is really solid and somthing I could pull of in 2 months time.
Currently I'm at work
so I'm going to have to wait until I get home to start sketching the concepts for it, but except something soon.

"I see my path, but I don't know where it leads. Not knowing where I'm going is what inspires me to travel it."

Old 03 March 2005   #9
Bah! Keeping us in suspense!!! Haven't we had enough suspsense waiting for the topic to be released??? lol, I look forward to see what you've come up with.

Shaykai

Old 03 March 2005   #10
Concept Sketch: Trust

Well here is my idea for the challenge. It's pretty straight forward actually, what we have here is a wizard type character that has lost his amulet and needs his trusting servant to retrieve it for him.
The emotion that I will attempt to invoke from the viewer borders on tension by establishing the fact that there is some unknown creature in the dark void behind him with only his eyes shinning through.
The emotion that I will attempt to capture on the face of the master is that of concern for his servant (pet).
The emotion that I will attempt to capture on the servant is that of "Trust" as he looks up to reassure himself that his master has his best interest at heart.

Old 03 March 2005   #11
Wow, love that style, only thing I see right now is that the "creatures" emotion doesnt really come through as much as I think you wanted.

but thats why its a concept sketch eh? hehe

Old 03 March 2005   #12
Talking

That's for the compliment

I know what you mean, I just wanted to get what I was thinking on paper so I could study it more. Im going to enjoy creating some morphs for the little guy so I can get the exact expression I need...well thats the goal anyway.

Old 03 March 2005   #13
I like it I think this has lots of potential to evoke emotion from the viewer. Maybe add something to the man so he looks more like a wizard, at first i just thought he was a thief having his pet grab an amulet for him hehe

Shaykai

Old 03 March 2005   #14
NICE CONCEPT Kid Mesh! with what software packcages you will model this scene!?Cool start anyway!

B-movie

Old 03 March 2005   #15
Talking

OZ - Thanks on the compliment about the sketch, kinda emabarrasing though because it was just a quick rough sketch. I wanted to do alot more with it but this is a 3D contest so I figured just get the concept down and scribble away. In regards to the software package I will be working with it's Lightwave 8 for me.

Shaykai - Man you must have spoken with my wife, (matter of fact where were you last night? ), Anyway she even said it looked more like a thief than a wizard and I felt that it proably would turn out better if he were. So looks like im going to lean that way with him at least.

I will start modeling him today so I will post some updates soon.

Thread Closed share thread