Fantasy: Female bodyguard

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 02 February 2005   #1
Fantasy: Female bodyguard

Hi there,

please give me some serious critics about my female bodyguard.

"This is the best movie I've ever seen. It has a vampire and an explosion!" -- Fry

Old 02 February 2005   #2
I think you hired her for her looks.

By her expression she looks afraid of her own shadow and her pose makes me think somebody handed her those weapons and said, "Hold these for me, would you?" Also, that sarong is going to fall right off her the minute she starts fighting. I would make her go home and change her clothes. If you want her to be a fierce, capable bodyguard you'll probably want to put her in a more dramatic pose or perhaps give her a look of intense concentration like a Buckingham Palace guard.
As for the drawing, it's pretty well done. Her hands look too small and I think there's too much light on her face since the lamps are behind her. Otherwise it's solid. Are you developing this character or is it just a one-shot drawing?

Old 02 February 2005   #3
Thanks for your advise, I would never hire someone for his or her looks I will develop this one further, eventually make a 3D model out of it.

"This is the best movie I've ever seen. It has a vampire and an explosion!" -- Fry

Old 02 February 2005   #4
Hi there

Looking at your work I noticed a few pointers.
You have some anotomy problems, her left arm looks bigger than the right one and her right breast is bigger than the other.
The shadow on her chest doesn't look right, maybe you should smudge it down a little or loose some of the shadow and make her breasts smaller, maybe that would make it seem more natural cause now it looks like fake boobs

Good luck

Last edited by Rudeone : 02 February 2005 at 01:39 AM.

Old 02 February 2005   #5
Does she protect by distracting the enemy?

It seems like she's holding the weapons while the actual body guard is taking a bathroom break, kinda like she doesnt know what she's doing.

Also, her breasts seem to be defying gravity(mainly the left one). Although I'm sure there are a handfull of "not so natural" breasts that may look like that, most would have some degree of sagging (only word i can think of describing them)

But keep at it

Last edited by Pixelcritter : 02 February 2005 at 03:26 AM.

Old 02 February 2005   #6
Thanks for your replies, a new update from me, but didn't correct the anatomical issues yet.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bodyguard02.jpg (94.0 KB, 30 views)

Old 02 February 2006   #7
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread