timecallback alternative?

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

02 February 2005
timecallback alternative?

im using the registertimecallback function... no problem there... I was just wondeting if there's a function that would allow me to set values preferably to non animatable parameters, eg. editable mesh -> soft seleciton falloff both in the viewports and while rendering...

02 February 2005
Originally Posted by galagast: im using the registertimecallback function... no problem there... I was just wondeting if there's a function that would allow me to set values preferably to non animatable parameters, eg. editable mesh -> soft seleciton falloff both in the viewports and while rendering...

I don't believe that value can be animated. Or at least you shouldn't be. Max will complain one way or another.

02 February 2005
take a look at this thread of mine: http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?t=201006

at the bottom is a solution that worked for me (i needed to animate the start time on a point cache modifier)

i don't think there's one function that does it both for the viewport and at rendertime, plus i haven't found a way to make this work in a viewport preview

www.Aearon.de

"There's nothing to it but to do it!"

02 February 2005
yup, looks like creating the prerender callback will have to do... Ill look into it more closely. thanks by the way, I forgot about that thread.

02 February 2005
ehe and i had forgotten you actually posted something in there

i forgot to mention a problem i had with that solution, the preRenderEval tag doesn't seem to work with vray (and possibly other 3rd party renderers)

i had to use scanline for the shot i was working on

if only i had known about pointcache 2 back then .....

www.Aearon.de

"There's nothing to it but to do it!"

02 February 2006
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread