Batching w/ glightwave.exe

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

02 February 2005
Question Batching w/ glightwave.exe

Does anyone know if one can batch-process .lwo object files using SideFX's supplied LW geometry processor?

Also does anyone know if they have an updated "object definition" 'cause I have to save objects in LW at 5.5 files to get Houdini to read them...

02 February 2005
Why not write a batch/shell script to call glightwave multiple times?

Last edited by dantea : 02 February 2005 at 04:12 AM.

02 February 2005
Dantea, Thanx!

It's 'cause I'm Lazy! Nagh, I actually am sort of disappointed because I consider myself an old pro within dos. It's been ages since I've wrote a batch file... I've been digesting the "new" script host and all of it's trappings... I need to spend a weekend "batching"- here at work I need a few myself for file prunning. I have to keep up with thousands of black-lines and their related stages of approval in the construction business. Basically I've had my head inside of debabalyzer for too long!

peace

02 February 2005
Originally Posted by dantea: Why not write a batch/shell script to call glightwave multiple times?

I was about to suggest that...

Originally Posted by glassefx: It's 'cause I'm Lazy! Nagh, I actually am sort of disappointed because I consider myself an old pro within dos. It's been ages since I've wrote a batch file... I've been digesting the "new" script host and all of it's trappings... I need to spend a weekend "batching"- here at work I need a few myself for file prunning. I have to keep up with thousands of black-lines and their related stages of approval in the construction business. Basically I've had my head inside of debabalyzer for too long!

peace

I'm not really a DOS person, even in Windows I use and prefer Cygwin over DOS. So, as far as UNIX-style shell scripting goes, you could do something like this:

#!/bin/sh

for i in object.*.lwo
do
glightwave -s $i $i.bgeo
done

The input of my example would be: "object.$F3.lwo" ("object.001.lwo", "object.002.lwo", "object.003.lwo", "object.003.lwo" ..) and the output should become: "object.$F3.lwo.bgeo" ("object.001.lwo.bgeo", "object.002.lwo.bgeo", "object.003.lwo.bgeo", "object.003.lwo.bgeo" ..)

Last edited by MG : 02 February 2005 at 01:57 PM.

02 February 2005
Doing batch mode stuff in DOS is quite icky - I don't blame you for not wanting to do it. Do you have Houdini Select+? Or are you on Apprentice? If you have Select, you can render geometry sequences very easily using the Geometry ROP.

Take care,
Jason

02 February 2006
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread