Second attemp

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

02 February 2005
Second attemp

Ok here my second painting. I watched a video tut. i found here around and tried to make something similar.

What do you mean / or what i can i "fix / add" ?

Thanks

02 February 2005
I think it needs more stuff on it... It looks like a lake now- if you remove the connection between the two shores it will look like a bay (I hope this is the right word). You can add some light on the sides to make them look like rocks. Finally I think the reflection of the sun should be stright under it, not right of it. Of course there is no reason to listen me, those are just some ideas, but I think it will become a very nice peace if you work more on it.

02 February 2005
I agree with Tzax what you could fix: Sun reflection directliy below original. The direction of the waves should be more horizontally. Reflections could be scaled vertically - look at some references to see what I mean. Btw, the sun seems to be a little too blurry to me.
what you could add: Think about lighting just edges towards the sun in those dark areas (buildings/rocks/trees).

02 February 2005
Thanks for all your suggestions guys !
Great support here

02 February 2005
Ok , here with some changes

Last edited by dvz : 02 February 2005 at 06:24 PM.

02 February 2005
that looks good the things in the background (stars?) look a lot like lense flares, but they kinda work

maybe you could throw in a moon in there? i think it would look cool with a nice quarter mooon near the water keeping the same yellowish orange colour theme over it

02 February 2006
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread