space cargo freighter WIP

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

02 February 2005
space cargo freighter WIP

hi,

Been chipping away at this for a few weeks, concept by myself, basically its a short range space freighter designed to carry small cargos. Still got tons to add but would like feedback/comments on the overall look/modelling.

Thanks,
Gordon

App: Maya5
Attached Images
File Type: jpg cargo WIP1.jpg (46.8 KB, 142 views)
File Type: jpg wire.jpg (76.2 KB, 64 views)

02 February 2005
cool

looks cool, surprised no1 has posted yet, i like it, its gonna look a whole lot better with a texture, its just kind of hard to tell where the model is going at this point, other than that it looks good

02 February 2005
Good start. I assume that the empty area in the rear of the craft is the cargo bay. Since it is not streamlined you woudl need subcraft to make deliveries or land planetside. I always think of those things. What is the scale? I think I see windows that woudl set it toi be the size of a large aircraft? Get some cool textures. Make a specular map too that really adds to the model particularly in animation.

02 February 2005
Thanks,

your correct, there is windows on the front cabin (render dosent show very well) and the ship would be comparable to a large aircraft maybe slightly larger. The ship has large mounted hydraulics which allows the rear to adjust size to suit cargo container (ship currently fully extended). Still got loads of detail to add. Will post more updates soon.

Thanks,
Gordon

02 February 2005
yes a very nice design unusual and different from the more common designs but still looking interesting and functional.

02 February 2005
quick update

hi,

Heres a quick update on where I am with this one, added an antenna rig and also begun adding panels (usual space ship stuff) to the main support. C&C appreciated an also ideas.

Thanks for reading,

Gordon
Attached Images
File Type: jpg space freighter wip.jpg (41.0 KB, 28 views)

02 February 2006
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread