Predator Fighting Game Model, Lee Salo (3D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

02 February 2005
Predator Fighting Game Model, Lee Salo (2D)

Title: Predator Fighting Game Model
Name: Lee Salo
Software: 3ds max, Photoshop

here is a model for a fighting game I am working on at school. I really love the Predator so I hope you guys think I did it justice.

the top two larger renders are use a single basic omni light with shadows turned on. the botom, smaller renders use no lights at all.

the low poly model is 6004 triangles
one 1024 diffuse map
one 1024 specular map
one 1024 opacity map
one 1024 normal map

02 February 2005
good model, but wrong forum.

02 February 2005
looks really good, but the head is too big for the body. when and if u make any changes u should definatly change forumes. but again the model is really good

02 February 2005
I'm not sure how this got here but if some one can kill this thread it would be appreciated.

thanks, lee

02 February 2005
ok, so now what. I tried to submit this image to the proper gallery but the cg talk crew wont let me cause i posted it here. and its in the wrong place here so what should i do? if any one who reads this can put this in the finished 3D forums, it would be greatly appreciated.

lee

02 February 2005
Nice model! However I believe the arms are a little bit too short and the skin textures could use some more detail.

Keep up the good work, Hauke

02 February 2005
Originally Posted by Daroita: good model, but wrong forum.

Definately not!
Its finished 3d work, and theres been loads of great game models in this section in the past.
Seeing as the games forum is full of WIPs, this is the only place that good, finished game models can get some exposure. My etna model got frontpage through this forum, so lowpoly models are welcome here.

Great work as usual lee, but is his head meant to be that large? I know his headgear is big, but it makes him look a bit like a kid.
It looks like a really high poly model though - its not until you see the wireframe model that you realise its a games model!

02 February 2005
Nice!

Looks good to me, wrong forum or not, although I believe nothing restricts you to post low poly around here, it seems finished.

I agree about the arms... predators are huge dudes, very tall, tall guys usually do have longer arms, wide amplitude.

pe@ce

(last minute edit : oops, didn't mean to repeat... seems Andy already made a point about the "wrong forum matter"... anyway, once again.. good job!)

02 February 2005
It looks also great to me

there seems also no critic on that model looks really like the movie one I saw on the TV

great work you done

02 February 2005
head too big...

...◢██◣ ..........◢██◣
◢█ .C. █◣ .....◢█ .C. █◣
██ .G. ██ .....██ .G. ██
◥█Talk█◤ .....◥█Talk█◤
...◥██◤ ............◥██◤
......██......... ..........██
.◢███◣ .........◢███◣
.█████ .........█████
.....2003 ..................2004

02 February 2005
big head... isn't it ?

02 February 2005
Originally Posted by artisanfx: It looks also great to me

there seems also no critic on that model looks really like the movie one I saw on the TV

great work you done

DUDE...what's your avatar???
I seriously wanna know that is cool!!!

anyways to stay on topic, I said this before when I saw the WIP for this guy...

GREAT MODEL, but the head is much...too...big.. and I agree the arms and proportions could be more like that of a taller person, but aside from that your modeling and texturing skills seem to be top notch.

-KDX-

02 February 2005
Originally Posted by Andy H: Definately not!
Its finished 3d work, and theres been loads of great game models in this section in the past.
Seeing as the games forum is full of WIPs, this is the only place that good, finished game models can get some exposure. My etna model got frontpage through this forum, so lowpoly models are welcome here.

Great work as usual lee, but is his head meant to be that large? I know his headgear is big, but it makes him look a bit like a kid.
It looks like a really high poly model though - its not until you see the wireframe model that you realise its a games model!

you took it the wrong way, that was when it was posted in the 2d forum

02 February 2005
Good model Although the gun is to small and well it has a kind of girlly pose....

NGmultimedia Online portfolio

Thread Closed share thread