Animation Demo-Reel: Please check it out

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 01 January 2005   #1
Smile Animation Demo-Reel: Please check it out

Hi all,

Here's my animation demoreel. Thought I'd put it on here for people to see.
All comments and crits are welcome, so please check it out.

Title: Demo Reel
Name: Richard Ellis
Software: Softimage XSI 3.5.1 + 4.0
Adobe Photoshop / Premiere / Combustion
Currently: Looking for work anywhere

XVID codec version 720x576 25.9MB

Windows Media 9 codec version 720x576 16.5MB

Thanks for watching.

Old 01 January 2005   #2
Hey man. Get ready for crits

While watching your reel, I did feel it was a bit long-in-the-tooth. You should shorten it a fair bit.

The part with the Dumb and Dumber should be removed. Your only as good as your worst bit on your reel, and that is the worst part on it - loads of 'floating-in-space' heads and limbs. Not to mention the annoying black frame or 2 on the camera cuts. If I can notice it, employers will!

The angle of the ball hitting the Golf guy's nuts isnt very beleivable IMHO - partly because of the angle. During the 'slow mo' bit, you should intercut other camera angles to show it hitting him cause it looks very weird right now. When he drops the golf ball into place, isnt beleiveable either. He would need to bend down right to it and put it into place.

Golf guy again - the part with him doing the gollum part is also very 'floaty' and you should either re-work it or remove it as it isnt doing you any favours in acting or lip-sync. You have better examples on the reel already.

Your walk cycles are really quite good. Climbing the tree is also good, but could be a bit longer/faster. The last shot of the Golf guy is also good (at the end).

Dont mean to bring you down, u got a lot of good work on there, but u also got a lot of bad work on there u should remove.

Cheers!
Demoreel

Old 01 January 2006   #3
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread