spmd doesn't want to start properly. I problem is more the service has a special tcp problem, i don't know why yet.
i first got suspicous as the lictools didn't start or rahter terminated immediately after executing. later on i found out that my spmd.exe (the spm licence manager) wasn't running.
then i tried to start it manually in the control panel > services but it refuses to start
prompting a error message in the spm.log:
Jan/07/05 00:37:12 NOTICE: SPMD "C:\WINDOWS\System32\spm\spmd.exe (Ver.1.1.11 [Build 1242])" started on "chimera" (Windows NT 5.1 )
Jan/07/05 00:37:13 ALERT: SPM_FATAL ERROR (C:\WINDOWS\System32\spm\spmd.exe) : mi-spm11/tcp and mi-spm/tcp: unknown services
Jan/07/05 00:37:13 CRITICAL: fatal error: "mi-spm11/tcp and mi-spm/tcp: unknown services".
Jan/07/05 00:37:17 ERROR: SPMD "C:\WINDOWS\System32\spm\spmd.exe (Ver.1.1.11 [Build 1242])" terminated.
no useful results, yet, so maybe someone will get attended who already experienced that problem.
i will continue searching in the web but i'd be glad (also for those people in the future suffering the same problem) if some avatar of solving tricky system faults will have mercy to give any hints and solutions for it.