Incredibles shortlisted for Best Film award by the Producers Guild of America

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 01 January 2005   #1
Incredibles shortlisted for Best Film award by the Producers Guild of America

What they said (entire article):

"The Pixar comedy The Incredibles may be in line for a surprise best picture Oscar nomination, after it was shortlisted for the best film award by the Producers Guild of America yesterday. The PGA awards are usually considered a good indicator of Oscar success, as many of its members also vote for the Oscars. Unusually for an animated feature, The Incredibles is this year considered alongside live-action films.

Other contenders for the PGA's best film award include Alexander Payne's Sideways, the US critics's darling of the moment. The road trip comedy set in California's wine valley was named best film by critics in New York, Los Angeles and Toronto, and won six nominations at the Independent Spirit awards last month.

Also in the running are Clint Eastwood's Million Dollar Baby, a boxing drama starring Hilary Swank, Martin Scorsese's biopic of producer Howard Hughes, The Aviator, and Finding Neverland, about Peter Pan author JM Barrie.

The Producers Guild Awards will be handed out on January 22."

More >>>

-Kilikili

Old 01 January 2005   #2
Cool Easily the best picture I've seen this year.

Originally Posted by kilikili:
"The Pixar comedy The Incredibles may be in line for a surprise best picture Oscar nomination,

No surprise here.

Art

Old 01 January 2005   #3
they deserve it.

Old 01 January 2005   #4
bit of a misleading thread title if you wouldve read what you posted.

....::www.yellow-submarine.org::....

Old 01 January 2005   #5
I think the subject line is getting a little ahead of reality, don't you? (EDIT: OK, thanks for changing the subject line.)

-jeremy

Last edited by jeremybirn : 01 January 2005 at 01:15 AM.

Old 01 January 2005   #6
Sorry

Im sorry,but I do not think the Incredibles deserves a Best Picture nomination....on the grounds that it is not good enough in my opinion......better fillms were made in 2004.

I thought it was good but,not Oscar Best Picture good.

But winner of best animation of course.

Old 01 January 2005   #7
why isnt it in a best animation category? Really, i think million dollor baby deserves the award for best picture, clint eastwood rocks.

Old 01 January 2005   #8
Martin Scorsese Aviator

I think they will go all weepy and give it to Scorsese.

Old 01 January 2005   #9
Eastwood's movie is out tomorrow - have you seen it yet ?

Old 01 January 2005   #10
no i havent seen it, i read lots of reviews on it and everyone raves how good its, but i said it "deserves" it the most because eastwood didnt care if the movie made any money what so ever, he was just passionate about the story and wanted to make it. I have seen the aviator though, and that was also very good. oh man, now im torn about who should win.

Old 01 January 2005   #11
I have renamed your thread more appropriately.

Old 01 January 2005   #12
I hope they'll win

Old 01 January 2005   #13
I think the Incredibles totally deserves it. One step closer to proving that animated film DOES NOT EQUAL kid's movie!

-The ReBooted One

Old 01 January 2005   #14
I totally loved the Incredibles, but I think Ray will get it. That movie was awesome.

DWIII Entry

Old 01 January 2005   #15
The incredibles won't get an nomination. Why do you think did they create a best animated feature category? To get the all the non-liveaction movies out of the way. Hollywood wants real movies to win in this category, otherwise finding nemo would have deserved one too. (a nomination, not to win)

Hollywood wants a certain kind of movie to win: it should be big, epic, about famous persons, gorgeous, serious . . something along that. That's why sideways won't get a nomination as well.

Thread Closed share thread