Character: General Andrew Jackson and Heather O'Rourke from Poltergeist

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 01 January 2005   #1
Character: General Andrew Jackson and Heather O'Rourke from Poltergeist

Welcome to another of my paintings, although this time around it has a obsure yet serious underlying message. It's one of those pieces where people who understand history will think they get it and the people with no knowledge of history will get offended and tell me to "love it or leave it" and piss on my car.

What you're looking at is Andrew Jackson holding Heather O'Rourke from Poltergeist while standing in a field of dead Seminole Indians.

CONCEPT SKETCH:

She's holding the ace of spades. I'm going to do this with drab blues and greens, actual size is 9500 by 6700 pixels.

Last edited by peachstapler : 03 March 2005 at 05:17 AM. Reason: I refuse to give a reason, good sir.

Old 01 January 2005   #2
i suppose you'd have to see the poltergeist too to understand it fully...that's one of those scary movies like the exorcist right? my roomate said it was good...but i get scared easy.

and if my memory of history is correct, jackson was more of a tall and demanding figure, or maybe that was just the image i had in my mind of him.

[expecting the unexpected is boring...life is a suprise...enjoy it.]

Old 01 January 2005   #3
Umm. . . I thought I understood history until right now. (French/Indian War? . . dead indians. . . run toward the light? Carol Ann's house is on an indian burial ground?) I have complete faith in you, Peachstapler. Heather's torso looks too short as it is, though. Perhaps if her bottom extended down to the bottom edge of Jackson's belt it would help.

Old 01 January 2005   #4
Originally Posted by Ilikesoup: French/Indian War?
The First Seminole War was won by Jackson circa 1821, IIRC.

Old 01 January 2005   #5
Thanks, Pretzel.

Old 01 January 2005   #6
Originally Posted by Ilikesoup: Thanks, Pretzel.

Not a problem my friend. I am still trying to figure out what all three of these figures have to do with each other. You had a pretty good hypothesis with the bodies buried under Carol Ann's house. Not sure if that's what he wants to convey. Where was Carol Ann's house located in the film? I thought it was near Los Angeles, actually.

Old 01 January 2005   #7
Originally Posted by AIPh Pretzel: Where was Carol Ann's house located in the film? I thought it was near Los Angeles, actually.

Good call. I googled, and the house was apparently in Simi Valley, Southern CA.

Old 01 January 2005   #8
You guys are doing your research! I like the cut of your jib, sailor.

The fact is, my paintings have never really made much sense; I enjoy the "WTF" factor more than anything. This is the first one that is semi-rooted in facts, the rest of it loosely ties the piece together. I could tell you it symbolizes Man's eternal search for divine revelation but then I'd be lying to you.

Old 01 January 2005   #9
Thumbs up

Cuts and jibs don't begin to describe this one! Beautifully bizarre, peachstapler! Can't wait to see what's next for this one!

Old 01 January 2005   #10
Originally Posted by captain chapo: and if my memory of history is correct, jackson was more of a tall and demanding figure, or maybe that was just the image i had in my mind of him.

You're correct, I am adjusting his height to reflect this. Thanks for pointing that out. Update to come shortly.

Old 01 January 2005   #11
base colors

Old 01 January 2005   #12
Gentleman and ladies of the Internet, I lost an hour's worth of work tonight and some really fantastic-looking hair that I painted for little Heather here. Instead, I bring you whatever I had at the time of my last save:

Remember to save every 10 minutes. Always.

Old 01 January 2005   #13
You are hilariously insane.

Old 01 January 2005   #14
This came out just the way I wanted it:

Last edited by peachstapler : 01 January 2005 at 10:35 PM.

Old 01 January 2005   #15
Needs more love.

Voted 5.

Last edited by AIPh Pretzel : 02 February 2005 at 02:04 PM.

Thread Closed share thread