Sunrise in sea

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 01 January 2005   #1
Sunrise in sea

Title: Sunrise in sea
Artist: $imon
Programs: Photoshop 6

Well, i usually dont draw much, i do more 3d. But i wanted to make this sea but it doesnt feel good. can you give me critics?

Old 01 January 2005   #2
its too blurry at the moment...the color choice is right on though...keep on working at it with crisper lines(less bluring) and i think it will do really good

Old 01 January 2005   #3
not bad, but i would connect (blur,..?) the sky and the water more..

Old 01 January 2005   #4
Originally Posted by ajay1589: its too blurry at the moment...the color choice is right on though...keep on working at it with crisper lines(less bluring) and i think it will do really good

tnx, but do you mean with the sharpen tool? because when I do that the colors change too, they get more bright so i have to blur to get them better. Or did you have something else in mind?

pangu - Tnx, I'll try that!

Old 01 January 2005   #5
Well i agree with the fact it's too blurry.
Sharpen doesnt mean use the "sharpen" tool.
Sharpen means try painting without using the feathered edge brush, but a brush with a hard edge instead. Also try avoiding blending eveything into each other... blending is good where 2 colors are supposed to fade into each other, but if you take a look at the real world, there are just as many hard edges between colors, as blended places

Keep working on it

Old 01 January 2005   #6
Tnx Swoop, ive done as you said and here's the result:

If it still is a bit blurred i think it's because i resized it after i painted from 1024 to 640.

The image is a bit too empty, maybe it needs some clouds or something. If anyone knows a good method for clouds please share it But untill then i will try myself

$imon

Old 01 January 2005   #7
Well i do some clouds in my speedpainting tutorials, which you can find on my website, www.reflection-design.dk. Hope you can find some tips there perhaps.. othervise there are lots of cloud tutorials out there

Old 01 January 2006   #8
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread