riddick knives

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

12 December 2004
riddick knives

I started these a while ago and am finally happy with it. Now I need to uvmap it but I dont know how :( Can u guys give me a link to a good uvmapping tutorial PLEASE!

its about 750 poly.

12 December 2004
Looks pretty good! I have a good unwraping tutorial if you would like it i could send you it over msn. Add me ceccotti@gmail.com .

12 December 2004
It actually looks like hilt of the blade (starting of the blade with the holes in them) looks too thick, if you look at the actually knife, doesn't look nearly as thick as yours, and plus I have seen the movie, and I think yours is to thick, besides that though, it looks great.

12 December 2004
I see, yeah I will fix that thanks Jason-Lavoie.

Ceccotti, Thanks! but I am leaving right now, we will have to do it when I get back if thats ok with you, my msn is nospamwebmaster@zimop.com ( remove the nospam part ) When I get on l8er if your on u can send it to me, thanks again

12 December 2004
The probably best unwrapping tutorial I have ever seen is part of Ben Mathis' "Funge" video tutorial series, which can be found here.
Head to the tutorials section, scroll down to the "
3DSMax Beginners: Video" section and voila, video #6 & #7 will teach you everything about unwrapping you need to know.

12 December 2004
Thanks, but Ceccotti gave me his b4 I checked back and it helped a LOT! only thing I dont know how to do is get it from the uvw map into a jpg or picture file textporter makes a image but its not the uv map I made for some reason. any helped would be appreciated!

:EDIT:

nevermind, I dont know what I did but its working now

Last edited by CrossFire : 12 December 2004 at 06:12 AM.

12 December 2004
Once again, Thanks Ceccotti! re-unwrapped them for practice and started the knive's texture ( dont look at the handle I was just messing around ). Texturing a knive is harder than what I thought it would be so far the skin has about 1.5 hours in it.

C&C welcome.

Last edited by CrossFire : 12 December 2004 at 07:22 PM.

12 December 2004
I fnished the skin if nobody has any suggestions. I made the knives' contrast sharper and added a gridy feeling to the handle although its not very noticable

C&C welcome

12 December 2004
It would have been wiser on your behalf, if you showed us some wires of your model we could ciritiqe before you started the skinning

12 December 2004
ah, sry I thought I did ( im on a couple of forums ).

Here is a pic of a wire, poly count, knive skin, and handle skin.

12 December 2004
is it just me or when holding it would it hurt like hell?
other than that look good, btw mind posting that uv tutorial public?

Fudge

12 December 2004
well no it wudnt hurt the other side is the flat end ......it wud probably hurt if u punched someone tho :(..
anyways my only crit is the textures are too blurry ...u shud check out some of the skins of cs models .... they let u check them according to weapons i always find that oserving how other people handle details helps me find my own style.

http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?t=172568

12 December 2004
Fudge, I asked Ceccotti if he wanted that and he said no, that it was like a year or so old and that he was going to re-do it caues it has an annoying clicking noise. sry but good news is he will be doing the new one without a clicking noise.

franklyn, I agree, and thanks for the tip I will check out some of the css models and fix it.

thanks guys
-JaPoZi

01 January 2006
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread