finalRender Stage-1 materials 4 FREE 2 DOWNLOAD on WWW.DUBER.CZ

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 12 December 2004   #1
finalRender Stage-1 materials 4 FREE 2 DOWNLOAD on WWW.DUBER.CZ

Hi there everybody

I've just finished compiling some new advanced finalRender Stage-1 materials for you FOR FREE TO DOWNLOAD on my web DUBER.CZ you can grab 'em all in INSTRUCT section

The materials are in zipped MAT format and I recommend using them on 3ds max 6 SP1 with finalRender Stage-1 SP2b (but I tried them on 3ds max 7 with finalRender Stage-1 SP2d and they worked absolutely fine...). All the materials are made using fR-Advanced material, which is a standard material within finalRender Stage-1, and procedurals available in 3ds max 6, no textures were used. The only thing is that I've been using a HDRi map which you can get here on Paul Debevec's probes page.

And there they are:

Advanced Car-Paint material:

Anisotropic metal material:

Carbon fibre material:

Electron microscopte material:

Neon material:

Sand material:

Sex-Toys material:

And Snow material:

Ok those materials are more or less advanced and you can tweak them and better them as much as you like, enjoy!

Last edited by loocas : 12 December 2004 at 04:14 AM.

Old 12 December 2004   #2
Ok and now, materials that I haven't made public yet:

Advanced plastic material:

Advanced metal material:

Volumetric glass material:

Wood material:

Hope you'll like them and post some comments, suggestions or crits which would be highly appreciated! :wink:

Cheers and MERRY CHRISTMAS AND A HAPPY NEW YEAR GUYS/GALS

Old 12 December 2004   #3
Talking Great JOB

Greatest JOB my friend

Fine thanks for FREE

And Happy New Year for you,

Druid®

Old 12 December 2004   #4
Druid_Ctba: Thanks a lot mate I'm happy when others find my stuff interesting/useful etc...

Old 01 January 2005   #5
Talking

lol

I'm waiting for the remainder materials in your site

Fine thanks for all at moment and to be continued my friend for your greater JOB!

Druid®

P.S. Do you have more fRender Shaders or MatLibrary, it's very difficult found the best material in the NET, I would like to get it

Old 01 January 2005   #6
To Druid_Ctba: Thx man... as for the rest of the materials, I don't know when I make them public since I'm EXTREMELY busy and don't know what to do first, so hope you understand, this is not on the top of my priorities list...

But, I managed to re-render (I wanna have previews of all my public shaders on my web and also I wanna be using the very same scene etc...) my OLD shaders (almost over a year old now...) and I also updated/edited the mats section on my web due to this! So, here are the renders:

Black car paint:

Red car paint:

Chrome:

Glass:

Ice:

Stainless steel:

Wax:

X-Ray

These materials are much simpler than the ones before, but still, some might learn something new from those anyway... Again, the MATs are available for downlads on DUBER.CZ Enjoy!

Old 01 January 2005   #7
cool mats.. especially love the ice one.. thx a lot!

Old 01 January 2005   #8
Wink Scene

Hi dude

Pretty render

So, it's possible turn available your model, it's pretty good for render

Fine thanks!

Druid®

Old 01 January 2005   #9
Red face Nice, but grrr.....

Hi.. Sorry to bring back an older thread, but I'm having a bit of trouble with some of these materials. I tried to open ice, sand, snow and wax, but 3ds max7 just really slows down and almost stops responding, utilizing the cpu 100%. The rest works fine, it's just the four of them.. And the most importent ones that is..

Anyone who might know the problem?

Thanks ..

/Dennis

Last edited by dennis_hs : 01 January 2005 at 10:18 AM.

Old 01 January 2005   #10
To AzoiC: Thanks man

To Druid_Ctba: Well, I might give my model away, but it's really simple to model, the most important thing is that you should have your own model and try the materials on it and they should work 100% fine, if they don't, then something's wrong but they should I'm sure.

To dennis_hs: I answered your mail regarding that problem, well, it's not a problem... so to everybody else: those adv. materials use some of the adv. functions in finalRender - therefor they take long to render and because when you assign finalRender as your production renderer it's also automatically assigned as a material editor renderer, so to avoid waiting that long for advanced materials (especially ones that use Sub-Surface Scattering or Blurred reflections/refractions etc...), just uncheck the pad-lock in RENDER options under DEFAULT RENDERER roll-out and instead use default Scanline renderer, only for material editor that is.

And btw: this is not an "OLD" thread!!! it's just a little forgotten...? or something, well... that's a pitty, but anyway, enjoy again and look fwd to some other materials I'll develop in the near future

Old 01 January 2005   #11
Thanks for the .mat's. They are really great!

"Dreaming permits each and every one of us to be quietly and safely insane every night of our lives." -- William Dement

Old 01 January 2005   #12
You're welcome man. And thanks, much appretiated!

Old 01 January 2005   #13
Omg nice man

Old 01 January 2005   #14
Thx dude

Old 01 January 2005   #15
Ok guys, I've created (because I need this one quite often) an ADVANCED SKIN shader. The one on the render is fully procedural again, but it works best with proper textures. Now, what's so ADVANCED about this one? Well, I've set this material up in a way that it calculates true IMAGE BASED SPECULAR REFLECTIONS, in other words, whatever HDRi map you use as your env. it will generate INTENSITY and COLOR of the specular reflections based on it how cool is that?!

Ok here's the render:

The material will be available in my upcoming, third, material set

Thread Closed share thread