Rendering (lighting) issues!

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 12 December 2004   #1
Talking Rendering (lighting) issues!

EDIT: Figured it out delete this if you'd like

I was having a problem with lighting my current scene, no shadows were showin up when rendered and it looked like a default light was on but it wasn't. I have deleted all lights, the default light is OFF, there are no image planes (env), yet my scene is lighting up when i do a render. I'm using heavy layered shaders, and it doesnt look bad or blown out when rendered, it just has a look like when u render with the default maya light on, and when i do set up my own lighting, theres no shadows but the lights do light up the surfaces. I've done plenty of scenes and know how to set up lighting, raytracing , shadows, render globals etc, and have had great results so im no newb, but ive never used a sh** load of layered shaders, maybe some attribute settings of the shaders are screwin up my render, any help would be appreciated. Also my geometry is set to cast shadows and all that good stuff too so thats not it. Help me please, this scene will look great if i can get a good render.....sorry for the rambling

Maya 6.0
Maya Renderer (my pc freezes with MR so i use the Maya render but have had plenty of sucess with it.....until now)i
gured it out, go ahead and delete this post!

Last edited by infinite_1ne : 12 December 2004 at 12:17 AM. Reason: Figured it out

Old 01 January 2006   #2
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread