16 x 9 Storyboard Templates

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 12 December 2004   #1
Question 16 x 9 Storyboard Templates

Hey all! I am not sure if this has been posted or not already but does anyone have any really good Storyboard templates? I am looking for some widescreen templates. Their seem to be a slew of 4x3 on the web but I have been unable to find a good one representing film aspect ratios. Anyone have any good files or links?

Thanks
DCHAD

Old 12 December 2004   #2
Well I personally made my own from scratch in photoshop, so if you want, I can post it as a jpeg and see if it fits what your looking for?

Old 12 December 2004   #3
doesn't photoshop 8 have a built in template for hd? (and therefore widescreen)? i guess that doesn't completely mean film... but what about opening up a compositing app like combustion or ae and starting with one of their presets as the size basis.

Old 12 December 2004   #4
Talking

Some good ideas but let's post anything we have or can find for the community. I do have some standard ones I will post in the next week or so when I get back from traveling. Also what version of Photoshop has the template. Is it in 7.0?

Thanks
DCHAD

Old 12 December 2004   #5
I don't know about 7. I have CS... i'll post it as a psd when I get home today.

Old 12 December 2004   #6
Well, I didn't know about any of these templates your are atlking about, but this is what I made from scratch, I guess whatever works for you...

Old 12 December 2004   #7
I usually make my own in 3DSmax. I creat a render ratio to whatever I want (there are plenty of pre-set ratios) and render a white scene, import it into Illustrator and snap black lines around the box to each of the corner points. I'm guessing most 3d progs have this ability.

Old 12 December 2004   #8
Storyboards

Hi guys,

I find the best way is to use a screen capture of After Effects stage with the safe areas turned on (action safe and title safe).
Lightwave comes with safe zone guides as well. For either program you just need to either set the composition size or camera size, both allow you to customize but also have common industry standards for both NTSC and PAL.
As for storyboards, Illustrator and Photoshop work fine or if you like to spend money there are a few programs out there that will build them for you. I believe there is a script writting program that will create storyboards for you. There is a program, I forget the name, which allows you to actually create VERY basic 3D animatic stills.
Cheers

Old 12 December 2004   #9
http://6sys.com/Springboard/

some decent software for doing your storyboard with. it works and saves with just a small watermark on exported images durign the trial period so you can use it until you purchase it.

You need to use a wacom with it for the best results.

BTW you can make animatics easily out of this software so it is a cool little app for $30.

For regular print out storyboard I just use any software make a box that is 16x9(doesn't matter if it is inches, centimeters or miles) then scale it to fit the paper. I put 3 frames per page and leave it completely empty of anything else. I may put a page # space and a project name line on it but this is used to quickly layout the story and shots and notes and dialogue is written in the spaces around the image. This is the quickest way I found to work. For animatics I just scan in the boxes

Old 12 December 2004   #10
storyboard teplate

If you like, I can send you PDF file with a storyboard template on your e-mail address.

It’s a TV storyboard template. May be useful for you.

Old 12 December 2004   #11
I am interested PANOS, thank you.

tayete@gmail.com
http://tayetefantasy.blogspot.com

Old 12 December 2004   #12
I'm interested as well.
locutus3d@gmail.com

Thanks.
LinkedIn

Old 12 December 2004   #13
TV template

If you don't mind I whould like that template too...

sebtatut@rougestudios.com

cheers

Old 12 December 2004   #14
This is the template I made and use, and here's an example (WIP). Hope I could help.

Last edited by coCoKNIght : 12 December 2004 at 07:05 PM.

Old 01 January 2005   #15
Another 16x9 template 15up to a sheet

Here is one that I use. It is a vector in eps format so you can print it big if you want.
Attached Files
File Type: zip 16x9storyboard_15up.zip (19.6 KB, 490 views)

Thread Closed share thread