Jacqueval Treyds: Rogue Extraordinaire Script

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 12 December 2004   #1
Jacqueval Treyds: Rogue Extraordinaire Script

I'm polishing a script I wrote some time ago for a 3D animation short I am developing. Since I want to do all the work on it, I have five cartoony characters (a fantasy world rogue, a rune-covered wall that manifests lips, a winged demon (visible from the waist up), a gelatinous cube, and a shadowy spectre. There are four sets

Upon completion of the third draft, the page count came to 23. There are a lot of shots (primarily reaction shots and angle cuts that added text to the script). I listed the number of seconds I though each shot would last so I could estimate the total length. From this, I estimate that with the opening title sequence, the action, and the closing credits, the short will last ten minutes and fifty-three seconds.

I am designing the characters and sets now, as well as floor plans for the sets. I will storyboard the script once I have a definite idea of how things look and where the action will take place.

Should anyone be interested in reading the script and making comments or suggestions, I would be happy to make it available as a text document.

Last edited by DigiLusionist : 12 December 2004 at 04:44 AM.

Old 12 December 2004   #2
sure thing man.

Old 12 December 2004   #3
Originally Posted by DigiLusionist: a gelatinous cube

My interest is peaked right there...

anything with a gelatinous cube is top notch, and deserves a read.

-Steven

Old 12 December 2004   #4
The Script for Shorter Version

Here is the short version script for "Jacqueval Treyds: Rogue Extraordinaire." It's in text file format.

The longer version has the gelatinous cube segment. It adds an additional two minutes, and has a lot of complex fluid dynamic shots. When I complete the short script version, if I'm not too burnt out or busy, I will add this segment.

I just want to finish the puppy without making the task even more difficult.
Attached Files
File Type: txt Jacqueval Treyds Script timed 12.15.04.txt (18.7 KB, 49 views)
File Type: txt Jacqueval Treyds Soundtrack Breakdown.txt (1.1 KB, 15 views)

Last edited by DigiLusionist : 12 December 2004 at 01:46 AM.

Old 12 December 2004   #5
The documents Kamsvag posted links to in his thread are great (storyboard and production planning board).

thread link: http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?t=194749

I am going to use the documents he provided in conjunction with my Jacqueval script.

I'll post the results to this thread. I'll also post any notes I generate from the process of creating the concept art / design.

Old 01 January 2006   #6
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread