New CG Film-Making Forums

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 12 December 2004   #1
Thumbs up New CG Film-Making Forums

Hi all,

We're proud to announce that we have new forums for CG Film-Making. As CGTalk has grown immensely in the last 2 years, we've noted an increase in the number of forums and support for the creation of 3D and 2D stills, but have not specifically catered much for members interested in CG film-making or animation. Our hope is that these new forums will cater for CG film-makers and animators, fostering growth in these areas.

Moderating the new CG Film-Making forums are Sam Chen, the Director behind 3D Award and SIGGRAPH Electronic Theatre-winning short film 'Eternal Gaze', and Jason Schleifer, Senior Animator for The Lord of the Rings who is currently working at DreamWorks.

Specifically, two forums have been started:
- Screenwriting and Concept Creation
- Cinematography and Directing (and Editing)

The moderators agonised over which forums should be added, as the film-making area is huge. We decided to go with the above to get things rolling, and will monitor the situation as time goes on.

Enjoy the new forums!

Leonard

Last edited by SamChen : 12 December 2004 at 09:33 AM.

Old 12 December 2004   #2
Wow! Awesome!

Very nice forums. Can't wait to see the work posted here!

I wish this forum a long and healthy life!

Old 12 December 2004   #3
This is just excellent..................really a wonderful idea.....................Thankyou very much for this leonard and CGnetworks..........This is something I wondered about in the past......were you reading my mind? .......................Thnaks again for this.

Old 12 December 2004   #4
this is very good news for everybody.

Old 12 December 2004   #5
Cool

Me too, I wish this new forum the best.

P.S.

The question is, aren't these forums: WIP/Critique: Animation and Collaborative team projects supposed cater to (short) CG Film-Making? Or better yet, move these two instead under this new cg-film forum?

Would name CG Short Film-Making be more specific instead of the just CG Film Making?

Old 12 December 2004   #6
I couldn't wait for this forum to open

If any of you are looking for a nice little screenplay program...check out RoughDraft . It works pretty damn good and it lets you convert your script directly to html. Well worth a little donation.

Hope to see this forum flourish.

-mG

Last edited by mg3d : 12 December 2004 at 02:28 PM.

Old 12 December 2004   #7
great idea,thanks a lot

Old 12 December 2004   #8
Excellent! Me and a team are working out file conversion problems, then we plan to get started on a short film. This will be a great resource.

Oh, so Jason switched over? I knew Dreamworks was doing some hardcore recruiting...

Old 12 December 2004   #9
Sweet, can't have enough forums

I would like to see a compositing section in it though Stuff on specials effects etc for video/film etc.

Just what I would like to see

Ungratefull aren't I?

Old 12 December 2004   #10
Originally Posted by wireFrame: Me too, I wish this new forum the best.

P.S.

The question is, aren't these forums: WIP/Critique: Animation and Collaborative team projects supposed cater to (short) CG Film-Making? Or better yet, move these two instead under this new cg-film forum?

Would name CG Short Film-Making be more specific instead of the just CG Film Making?

Exactly my thought.

Old 12 December 2004   #11
How about a WIP short film forum?

Right now, after the reorganization of the forums, the thread about the short film I'm on, "Paul and His Bananas" (shameless plug) is listed under "WIP/Critique: 3D Stills", which is not really accurate, as a 3D still is not my ultimate goal and I'm posting a lot of quicktimes in there.

Thoughts?

YouTube Channel
Char Maya Character Rig

Old 12 December 2004   #12
Excellent idea!
I'm all for it.
Cgtalk is truly the place to be

Old 12 December 2004   #13
it's great

it's so great. i am longing for a forum like this for a long time. thanks a lot

Old 12 December 2004   #14
Hey great idea this will help a lot !!!

thanks guys !

Old 12 December 2004   #15
Awesome dude,
I am currently working on a short-film, and the people in this forum can probably give me some suggestions regarding to the story.
We could write the ultimate script

PS: I would prefer a WIP forum for the film section too. that gives us the ability to get some critiques on our films. I think the WIP forum that already exists isn't really fitting for short-films

Thread Closed share thread