lipsyncing a sample from fight club

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

12 December 2004
lipsyncing a sample from fight club

this is my first lipsync and real attempt at animation, i'm pretty happy with it. This is a low poly playblast of it. It's sort of a characature of myself lipsynced to a sample of brad pitt in fight club. feedback on the animation would be greatly appreciated.

http://samwey.diseasedmind.com/films/blast15.avi

12 December 2004
im having trouble with the d/l...

love to see it tho - fight club is a great film, we have an essay on auteurs this semester, so i've gotta write about fincher... ace director. hope your animation would make him proud

have you read the book? i haven't but it's gotta be good...

do you have anywhere else you can host the movie?

12 December 2004
Yes, it does download, but I'm getting 1-4k a second. I can wait...will edit with crits when it's up.

12 December 2004
Hmmm...

Going on 30 minutes. I hope this finishes before I have to go to the 2nd job.

I love Fight Club, and really want to see what you came up with.

12 December 2004
I hope you don't mind, I'll host a mirror:

http://www.kraeeranimation.com/blast15.avi

The character looks nice so far. My sound card at work is a mess, so i couldn't hear very well...but I think the mouth movements at the part where he says "Spiritual" are a little over-exaggerated.

Keep it up!

12 December 2004
sorry about the slow server

I'm hosting it off a friend's server and it's not the fastest thing ever. I'm really sorry about the slow download times and I really appreciate the patience of those of you who are waiting it out.

and in reply to mungo j, i haven't read the book, although I'd like to. I recently watched the movie again and thought it would be a good sample to use. I don't have anywhere else to host my film. I guess it's about time I finally paid for for some good hosting. concerning fincher, I agree, definitely very talented

I tried to upload a lower quality but fully rendered version, but i don't think i have my permissions set right and access to the server is so slow... it's a 1.5 meg mov the previous one was a 5 meg avi. if this one works; great, if it doesn't: I apologize again for my ineptitude. http://samwey.diseasedmind.com/films/uglysammotest.mov

12 December 2004
I'm willing to wait this out.

Still got 1hr 1min to go (23% finished after close to 40-50 min). But, I have to head to work again.

Yeah, if I were you, I would think of another server. Heck, perhaps even Yahoo's paid hosting plans, if ya want to save money.

12 December 2004
woah! thanks for the mirror! you're so generous! I think you're right about "spiritual"... maybe I jump to the EEE sound of "spiritual" too drastically. I'll continue to tweak it.

01 January 2006
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread