Character: Hitchcock in boxers

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

11 November 2004
Character: Hitchcock in boxers

Hello dear artist. This is a character i've been working on/off on the last month. My main reference has been Alfred Hitchcock.

Any ideas to improvement are very welcome.

Image 1
Image 2
Image 3

Latest update:

Last edited by orangefisk : 12 December 2004 at 01:39 PM. Reason: Changed pictures to links...
  11 November 2004
Very well modeled. What are you planning on doing with it?

11 November 2004
Thanx man. It is just a sparetime project, but I got a 3d friend of mine to rig the character while I'm working on the textures. So I think this will end out with a small animation, maybe even a small short if we get the time for it

Thinking about putting him in a typical Hitchcockish suit. Does anyone have any references i might could take a look at? And if someone has some links on cloth modeling / wires it would be great

Here's a test render i made yesterday evening:

Last edited by orangefisk : 12 December 2004 at 07:36 PM.
  11 November 2004

Heya people. Just bumping the post. Any comments and suggestions for improvement are welcome.

Kevin Andersson
  12 December 2004
I've been pretty busy doing freelance lately, but I had some time to spare today. Made a lot of changes for the face, and found some new reference material.

I also unwrapped the face today, and started painting the color map. You can see it below. All comments and critiques are as allways more than welcome.

12 December 2004
good work ! but something strange with is head. looks like sharon !
  12 December 2004
Horrible just Horrible!

....please put some cloths on him! : )
Thank god his belly hides all the other bits! lol

Lovely work mate, what sort of final image are you going for?
Maybe behind the camera?
  12 December 2004
This might help alittle bit:

Something like this could be quiet cool, if donw int he right way!

only two pics, but i thought they might help you out : )
  12 December 2004
Awsome job on the face, and kinda funy as well. If you watch hitchcocks movies you can see him in the film at key points in each one. North by northwest has a good shot of him I believe. Id say your color map is great, just neep spec bump diffuse to go with it but awsome job never the less, cept the body, but since hes going to be in clothe it doesnt matter so much
Latest Project :Crab
  12 December 2004
More modelling :)

Heya people. Thanx for your replies. I've been trying to make focus even more on the face tonight, and just made the render below. Has it gotten worse or better? I hope it has become a bit better

Yeah man - you are kinnda right, the last render does look a bit lite Sharon :P - Hope the new render has the likes of Hitchy a bit more.

Hahaha - yeah! Naked big men is not to be reckoned with. Hehe. Well - i'm not going for a image actually. This guy will be used in colabroration with a 3d firiend of mine. He will fully rig the character, and set up the cloth system. While i will be texturing and modelling. We hope to make some animation stuff, but again, it all depends on spare time offcourse.

Thanx for the references by the way - allways good to have plenty of reference pictures.

Thanx. Well - as mentioned above we will clothify this sexmachine - so the body is only there for calculating the positioning of the cloth.
I am really looking forward for more texturing work - so keep an eye on the thread.
  12 December 2004
I really like the idea! Especially his face is cool, really arrogant but stupid.

If it's pointers you want, alright then. It might be nitpicking but after seeing your head model again I'm sure you could find the answer. His body seems kinda boxy to me, it's difficult to get fat characters to sag properly I know, but a little rounder would be great('n some folds and blah blah) And your shader isn't working very well I think. If you're trying to make him look...duhm... "fleshy" or like corpulent(if it's the word for it?), you're really overdoing it. I'd go less on the SSS and more subtle color mapping for it. Maybe rosy cheaks would work a lot better. But you probably knew all that!

Rock on man. Really original!
modelling practice #1
  12 December 2004
Heya. I've been working a bit more on the texturing today - and added some eyelashes. I will tweak them so they will look less female.

As you see I've done a bit of work on the bump map + specular map, but they still need a lot of work.

Comments and suggestions are welcome.

01 January 2006
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.
CGTalk Policy/Legalities
Note that as CGTalk Members, you agree to the terms and conditions of using this website.
Thread Closed share thread