WIP Short Animation : ANIMA

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 11 November 2004   #1
WIP Short Animation : ANIMA

Hi guys, i'm started working on for my final year project university, a short film with length around 2 minutes entitled 'ANIMA'.

here i first upload some concept design of my short animation:

the following is the main concept board for ANIMA:

the following is the set background of the animation:

the character design of linda the girl, and her transformed father 'TEDDY'...

now just stated on the modelling stage of the character Linda:

The story is pretty simple, is about a girl who killed her father and turn him into a teddy bear called 'ANIMA' with the help of the toy machine (the big machine above).

The 80% of the animation is planned to be focused on the transformation sequence of the dying father into a teddy. Pretty much like the sequence found in 'AKIRA' by Kastuhiro Otomo.
theCommonist Vimeo
theCommonist Youtube

Last edited by future14 : 11 November 2004 at 11:30 AM.

Old 11 November 2004   #2
The concept art is very nice, especially the individual girl concept. The story sounds rather interesting, but I doubt I'd spend 80% of the time on the transformation, since for a 2 minute animation, that's leave 24 seconds for the rest.

The proportions of the girl and her dress on the sketch were also more appealing than those on the current version of the model, so I'd personally try to immitate those more.

But it's a very nice looking project with an interesting concept. I'm, currently at a similar if not a big further stage of production of my short, so I'm interested to see how this one shapes up. Good luck!

Old 12 December 2004   #3
i like it very mutch, the concept is very nice and the modeling have started well.
SOmething i dont unerstand, the girl kill her own father or he died?

pd: the first image is awesome

Old 12 December 2004   #4
niama....damn good man...good luck nad all the best in execution.

Old 12 December 2004   #5
thanks to SkullboX for ur reply and supports man, i'm looking forward to ur project man! can't wait to c!

Aridiel: thanks for ur support, the girl's father treats her bad and abusive man~~ so she decided to kill her own father and turns him into a lovely toy, could be a revenge also i think.... )

ybleong10: glad u r back man~! thanks for ur support! hey man, i'm looking forward to ur next animation!

here i updated the latest version of the girl model, as well as her fathers' (before transformation)... the hair and refinement will be added....

also started working on the Toyland (exterior), the place they lives. the design of the Toyland (exterior) is based on the shape of teddy bear, but rather bizzare for its details and features.... still working on it

thanks!
theCommonist Vimeo
theCommonist Youtube

Old 12 December 2004   #6
Amazing concept arts, the 3d is also coming on really nicely, can't wait to see it finished, keep it up

Old 12 December 2004   #7
I have to agree with the others. This is looking good, especially the concept. Your sure to have a somewhat good result with a good concrete background like history and concept.

The 3D girls is really good too. Allthough she looks evil, or maybe thats just for the rest position in the face? Good job. I look forward to see the progress

Old 12 December 2004   #8
Hi guys, here i updated the Toyland (exterior and interior)... Still working on the interior of the Toyland for details and some machnical stuff.....

theCommonist Vimeo
theCommonist Youtube

Old 12 December 2004   #9
hei! guy!
i cannot see the picture....may you correct the URL?

Old 12 December 2004   #10
hi tai1061,

i think the links should be ok now sorry for the bad hosting of my free server:P

here i update the interior of Toyland modelling.... initial design, however, i'd changed the design of the machine in the middle of the workshop.. i wanna keep it more consistent with 'TEDDY BEAR' look......

another view...

theCommonist Vimeo
theCommonist Youtube

Last edited by future14 : 12 December 2004 at 04:50 AM.

Old 12 December 2004   #11
thats ..stunningly amazing. the girls cute pardon me, are you..studying in MMU ? FYP ? cause somewhat i heard one of the senior's project..about a girl and a teddy bear. i could be wrong, but anyways..the concept board is great, the girl looks too cute to be that violent

good luck

Old 02 February 2005   #12
thnx guys, thnx for the suport man..... sorry for the late updates due to some jobs....will be uploading some update of the finished renderings and characters tonite....really sorry man
theCommonist Vimeo
theCommonist Youtube

Old 02 February 2005   #13
here are some updates for the characters and environment....

initial design of the character....Linda and her papa....

theCommonist Vimeo
theCommonist Youtube

Old 02 February 2005   #14
final rendering of the characters....... (w/o hair)

theCommonist Vimeo
theCommonist Youtube

Old 02 February 2005   #15
and TEDDY, the transformed papa..........

this is the TEDDY during the transformation.....the toys sticks on the it and form the teddy shape....

theCommonist Vimeo
theCommonist Youtube

Thread Closed share thread