Just Got Modo. No Temp License?

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 11 November 2004   #1
Just Got Modo. No Temp License?

Hi,
I just bought and downloaded MODO from Luxology.com, but am not able to run it. I read the "read me" documentation telling me that it is "imperative" that the license installer be run prior to me launching MODO. It continues to say that I need to download my license key by going to LUX and going to my account and registered products and then to the downloads page. When I go there, I only get the options to download the software and media again, but no temp license. I have also received a confirmation email from Lux saying to get my temp license which provides a link to get to the above location with the same outcome.

Of xourse when I try to run MODO anyway I get an error that states something of the following:

Your application was not able to obtain a license because the FLEXlm license manager could not determine where to find the licensing data it needs. Please choose one of the following:
*specify License Server or *Specify the License File.

I try one and hit next in the pop up box at which point I get:

Enter the computer name of the License Server.

I do not know what to enter so I hit next again which it does not allow, so I hit cancel.

At this point I get to see MODO, but I get an error:

Current License is invalid. License Error Code-1 "OK RET"

So my question is what do I need to do?

I doubt it is system related, but I have WIN XP SP2 with an ATHLON 64 3400+.

I hope somebody can help me. Thanks.

Old 11 November 2004   #2
Sign into www.luxology.com and go to myAccount->Registered Products. The far right column under Product Downloads is the area where you can generate the temporary license key. Click on either the Mac or Windows link to generate the right installer for your platform.

If you've already done this, you might try it again or contact me via private message with an email address where I can reach you directly to troubleshoot your key issue.

.jason
www.luxology.com

Old 11 November 2004   #3
Thanks, I got it.

Probably an explorer error or something, but that license column was not there before.
All I had was the software column.

Thanks

Old 01 January 2006   #4
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread