PIX: low quality line during drawing

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

11 November 2004
PIX: low quality line during drawing

well i have a problem that really makes me cry, lines' def is really poor, see the CS:

any idea of how to solve that? i searched in the option to get a better def but i didn t find,( and it s not a resolution probleme, actual screen shot is taken in 1500/1500 )

11 November 2004
what is your zoom? if it's anything other than 100%, 50% 25% etc then your lines will look like this (and even then really if it's anything other than 100%).

Last edited by mdme_sadie : 11 November 2004 at 03:43 AM.

11 November 2004
huummm the line is clean at 100% zoom, but only at 100% :/ I don t like that i never draw at 100% , i could have a perfect line whenever i wanted in Painter 6

11 November 2004
I don't have painter here, so I can't tell exact name but there should be something about how to calculate zoomed-out view on the preferences dialog.

Sorry for my
terrible English.

Sketch everyday

11 November 2004
i guess thats the way it looks like when you zoom out especially because you are viewing it in a resolution which is not the same as the actual res.

11 November 2004
i still haven t find the solution, it doesn t do it on painter 6 or PS, so i think this is something to set under the software, hey Augustus, if you find the fix, i m waiting for you

11 November 2004
Use Edit > Preferences > General, and check the Draw zoomed out views using area averaging box.

On my WinXP Home SP2 system, screen set to 1280 x 1024, the following zoom percents retain smooth lines display:

100%
50%
25%

At 12.5% it's hard to tell for sure, but it does seem a little better with the box checked.

In Edit > Preferences > General, you can set Magnifier Increments to 25% then click with the Magnifier tool to zoom in or hold down the Alt/Option key and click with the Magnifier tool to zoom out. Double-click the Magnifier tool icon to return to 100% zoom.
Or, if you prefer, choose the preset zoom increments from the Property Bar's zoom percent drop down list.

11 November 2004
oki, so there s no fix, i ll just use the 100, 50 and 25 zoom ...
thx for your answer Jinbrown !

01 January 2006
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread