CGTalk > WIP > WIP/Critique: 3D
Login register
Thread Closed share thread « Previous Thread | Next Thread »  

Old 10-30-2004, 01:43 PM   #1
daveyt1234

help with Maya error - rror: some uvcoordinates are outside 0 and 1 texture space

Hey guys, first time here so apologies if this has already been asked or if im in the wrong place,

im trying to export a model from maya using a custom script, when i go to export it to the ascii file i get the error message

Error: some uvcoordinates are outside 0 and 1 texture space!!

Does anyone know what this means and how i go about solving it??

just as a test i tried exporting a simplpe polygon cube as it appears on the grid when you click the create cube button and i get the above message, any ideas or pointers???

Thanks in advance

David

Old 10-30-2004, 09:19 PM   #2
GLMatrix

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveyt1234
Hey guys, first time here so apologies if this has already been asked or if im in the wrong place,

im trying to export a model from maya using a custom script, when i go to export it to the ascii file i get the error message

Error: some uvcoordinates are outside 0 and 1 texture space!!

Does anyone know what this means and how i go about solving it??

just as a test i tried exporting a simplpe polygon cube as it appears on the grid when you click the create cube button and i get the above message, any ideas or pointers???

Thanks in advance

David
All that means is that the the object has UV's placed outside the 0 to 1 area in the UV editor. If you open up your UV editor, you'll see the grid is divided into 4 squares, the one you should be placing your UV's in is the top right ( 0 to positive 1). Anything outside of that will give you the problem.

Last edited by GLMatrix : 10-31-2004 at 04:31 AM.

Old 11-01-2004, 08:56 AM   #3
daveyt1234

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLMatrix
All that means is that the the object has UV's placed outside the 0 to 1 area in the UV editor. If you open up your UV editor, you'll see the grid is divided into 4 squares, the one you should be placing your UV's in is the top right ( 0 to positive 1). Anything outside of that will give you the problem.

OK, sorry if im being stupid, i opened up the UV texture editor, is this the right one??? it has a grid in it which is kinda devided up into 4 main areas, how do i move the UVs in it????

Again, apologies for stupidity!!

Cheers

Old 11-01-2004, 09:08 AM   #4
daveyt1234

think ive figured it out, in a hap-hazard way!! thanks for your help

David

Old 01-19-2006, 06:00 PM   #5
CGTalk Moderation
Expert
CGTalk Forum Leader

Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread