Grand Space Opera 2D Entry: Adam Juhasz

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 10 October 2004   #1
Thumbs up Grand Space Opera 2D Entry: Adam Juhasz

Adam Juhasz has entered the Grand Space Opera 2D.

Challenge Page

Latest Update: Final Image: unfinished, and unsatisfied, but at lest I tried

Gongratulations to everyone who took part!

This meaningless image is my final, no story, just a simple space scene. My Space "opera".

Last edited by Adamos : 10 October 2004 at 12:57 PM. Reason: Hi Everyone whoever reads any of this

Old 12 December 2004   #2
Concept Sketch: Trying to...

This is a low quality first try at the whole epic feeling thingy. I'm definitely aiming for the bright side of space. Trying to be funnie iff ya know what I mean.

Old 12 December 2004   #3
Huh?!

I didn't upload it twice though...
Did I?

Old 12 December 2004   #4
The Epic feeling

In my opinion when you face upwards you're lookin at something big...usually. So with this angle i might have a chance illustrating the whole monumental moment. But the thing is I'd like to add some life to the scene (characters, creatures, maybe some space plants, etc.) so I'd preffer a foreground with an intimate feeling and a midground of action with a monumental background. I think I' going with these three depths of the space scene in my image. Hope fully.

Cheers.

Old 12 December 2004   #5
Concept Sketch: Trying to place the geometry...by the way what's the story??!

Still haven't got a descent story for my image, but my goal is to try capture the ironic side of (space) war. Would love to capture the stupidity of violence. These images I'm uploading are not really sketches, but not yet line art, somewhere between the two. Tried to experiment with colours (helps me in brainstorming) as well, I might not want space to be pitch black, but these are questions of the near future. Damn these exams! Wish I could draw as much as I like...sigh, ...some day. My advice to EVERYONE: try study what you love doing otherwise University will be a frustrating experience!

Old 12 December 2004   #6
Concept Sketch: concept sketch color test (still no story :(

So here's a quick photoshop upgrade of my second sketch which I named concept sketch#1 by the way :/, nevermind...still warming up (while others are already finished :(

the stupidity of violence...well you can't actually see any violence in this image, but soon...

Old 12 December 2004   #7
Still looking for a style to stick with...

Luckily no one's watching this topic so I can atrt all over again...
Truth is that I'm not studying art at school and barely have time to do this (I'd love to though...)

So far these 3 concept sketches are experiments.

My to do list is:

Figure out a propper story!
Block out the scene, considering foreground, background, composition...etc
Make up my mind about trying to fit some characters in the scene or not
And then just finish the rest...

Old 01 January 2005   #8
Concept Sketch: experimenting

Well whatever this is (i think it's a composition experiment) the space ship (in the foreground) could be a kind of style I might stick with.
If I have enough time that is. Bloody exams...:(

Old 01 January 2005   #9
never thougth u can bring cubism into a grand space opera... but COOL!...

Old 01 January 2005   #10
yo! first poster

Thx 4 posting daadaa! You're the first one to bother! Checked out your stuff and it's pretty neat! saw that you also have a thing for maths... (i don't ) keep up the good work!

Old 01 January 2005   #11
Hi!

Definetly go with the previous design..

Whip up colors from a real architecture picture and you will end up with pretty picture
Ignore background everything.. do it very simple and use a idea of silhouttes of people admiring gift what would symbolize Grand Space Opera.

Just go hardcore and whip up a winner in a week!
Thats it

btw. cool surename you got there

Old 01 January 2005   #12
Unhappy Ok that's it from me

I know it sucks, but I can't finish this contest due to exams. :( I'm quite sad, because participating in this contest (and making a descent image) would have be a dream come true for me just for the learning experience. One day I will do what I love doing : CG. One day...

Cheers.

Adam

p.s.: thanks for the two posts!

Old 01 January 2005   #13
Concept Sketch: I hate giving up!!!! so I wont!

I finally found something I can relate to: the thing is wether it's monumental or not I'm sticking with it. And F**k my exams, I'll get through them somehow...

So, my story is: NOTHING, it's a portrait of an old SPACE COWBOY (mexican style) who's sick 'n tired of the whole space war (that will be going on in the "monumental" background). This will hopefully be space like you've never seen it before! Or have you?! :) The final image in my head is way more sophisticated (obviosly) than this FINAL CONCEPT SKETCH! :P

Old 01 January 2005   #14
Concept Sketch: I hate giving up!!!! so I wont!

I finally found something I can relate to: the thing is wether it's monumental or not I'm sticking with it. And F**k my exams, I'll get through them somehow...

So, my story is: NOTHING, it's a portrait of an old SPACE COWBOY (mexican style) who's sick 'n tired of the whole space war (that will be going on in the "monumental" background). This will hopefully be space like you've never seen it before! Or have you?! :) The final image in my head is way more sophisticated (obviosly) than this FINAL CONCEPT SKETCH! :P

Old 01 January 2005   #15
why did it upload twice????

Oh and I'll be going with these three colours: red, black and beige

peace

Thread Closed share thread