Grand Space Opera 3D Entry: James Hibbert

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 10 October 2004   #1
Grand Space Opera 3D Entry: James Hibbert

James Hibbert has entered the Grand Space Opera 3D.

Challenge Page

Latest Update: Modeling: ModelingUpdate

A little update before I go on vacation. I wish I could take my computer with me but It\\\'s not worth the hassel. As you can see I\\\'m adding details into inner wing arms. it\\\'s going to very basic detail but you\\\'ll never get that close to see it. more of the same as the hull pannels (didn\\\'t I say I was done? OY! :p )

Old 10 October 2004   #2
Concept Sketch: Orbital Bombardment

Heres a REALLY rough Concept peice, I'll probably update it and modify it as I go, I allready have radically changed the design for the big ship depiceted here as some sort of South American pyrimidal shape, wich was cool enough. But I hand't had a chance to make it work the way I wanted to, though depending on how I feel about it I might look into it again.

Old 10 October 2004   #3
Hi there,

I like ur concept. A typical invasion from the frames of ID4 and the Stargate :P Hey just a suggestion, how abt changing those buildings down to something unique, something that will look out of our world. Overall it is coming up gr8 man. waiting to more sketches.

Old 10 October 2004   #4
thats the plan it's just a quick sketch, the import thing was that you reconized they were buildings thanks for the comment though.

Old 10 October 2004   #5
Here is a quickTest Render of the big space ship, it's at an early stage. I hope you guys like it. No textures yet just mesh. And ofcourse if anyone has any crits I'd like to hear them

Old 10 October 2004   #6
Thumbs up

Nice Post more profiles of the ship. It does look sophisticated as less mechinical parts shown. Cool work. Like it. All the best!

Old 10 October 2004   #7
Very nice ship, I like the curves in the shape and the 'appendages' (not sure what they are, but they are cool). Is that some mech detail I see on the top? Works very nicely with the semi-organic shape.

Dave.

Old 10 October 2004   #8
Stingray.

That's the word I was looking for, it sort of resembles a stingray, the "mouth" in the middle makes it work i think.

Old 10 October 2004   #9
Thanks for the comments guys, I'll get some orthos rendered, but for now heres a closer up shot of the panneling on the bridge/top area.

Old 10 October 2004   #10
hey nice. Keep up the good work.

Old 10 October 2004   #11
Here are some orthos. Also, the details the line the wings are supposed to be like feathers in style and also for practicle use but not to fly, also since this thing is doing a orbital insertion those little paddel things are supposed to beable to shift and tilt around to effect areodynamic drag to affect position and angle of attack. ALTHOUGH this thing is 2km from stem to stern the phisicis invorved are porbably suspect, but I'll use the anti gravity cop out I did want this thing to look very bird like, the whole stingray idea is very cool as well. When I get around to doing the fighters that will be flying around the scene I'll look at some more aquatic themes for the city.

Thanks

Old 10 October 2004   #12
hey nice models u ot there... teh concept looks gr8 too... i'll b waiting for the updates.. keep it up buddy...

Old 10 October 2004   #13
Thumbs up Cool

cool models man, the idea of pearl harbor i have is something like that but , that remembers me when the united states attack japan or something like that, i dont know united states history but, but i know some movies jeje.

well man cool concept keep whit the good ideas.

Old 10 October 2004   #14
Thanks guys!

ohh and Genesisa pearl harbor was when Japan attacked the US, not vice versa. If you were interested, not that you need to be.

I'll try to get more Renders up, but getting these hull plates done takes a lot of time, so progress isn't as far along as I would like to post a real update.

Old 10 October 2004   #15
Great texturing on the bridge section.
Just curious is that all geometry or is some of it bump mapping?

I know I'm going to have to model the Hull Plating for mine when I get around to modeling it.

Thread Closed share thread