CGTalk > Sponsored Challenges and Awards > Past Challenges (Archives) > Older Challenges (before 2007) > CG Challenge XVI - Grand Space Opera - 3D
Login register
Thread Closed share thread « Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Old 10-19-2004, 12:18 AM   #1
azhhael
Azhhael Göedert

portfolio
Ina Leite Duarte
3D Animator, 3D Artist, Musician
Animarus Collective
Belo Horizonte, Brazil

Send a message via ICQ to azhhael Send a message via AIM to azhhael Send a message via MSN to azhhael Send a message via Yahoo to azhhael
Grand Space Opera 3D Entry: Iná Leite Duarte

Iná Leite Duarte has entered the Grand Space Opera 3D.

Challenge Page

Latest Update: Texturing: ArrayaTexture_view

This is a view like in viewport of the array with textures.
Well, i need to say that in the scenes until now i úse no light, just the default.
But as soon as the textures ar ok. I´ll configure the lights. I have to finish the Soldier and the Gundak. Maybe today i´ll post the GUndak Ship too.
Kisses to all guys!!!!
azhhael@azhhael.com
Animarus Collective
www.animarus.com
animarus@animarus.com

Old 10-19-2004, 03:53 PM   #2
ChristianDeny

portfolio
Christian Deny Almeida Costa
CG Artist
TV Vitoriosa
Uberlândia, Brazil

Send a message via MSN to ChristianDeny
Good Luck!!

Old 10-25-2004, 03:35 PM   #3
azhhael
Azhhael Göedert

portfolio
Ina Leite Duarte
Animarus Collective
Belo Horizonte, Brazil

Send a message via ICQ to azhhael Send a message via AIM to azhhael Send a message via MSN to azhhael Send a message via Yahoo to azhhael
Finally

Well, sorry for waste a so long time to post. Well i´ll go to the point.
The ideia is:
In the future, the humans are just a pacific a very happy civilization, that with a hight technology, made the Earth planet alive again, strong and with a very bid avriety of animals and plants. A wonderful paradise to live. So the Earth became a paradise to visit too. Another civilizations travels to the Earth to relax and have good vacations. The space is not a limit anymore. But there is a very bad civiization in the space, that nedds to move and move around the planets, destroing all they found by exploration for they ganancy, and their people just grow and grow so they always need new places with good structure to explrorate and destruct to, so move to another place. They slaves the people, and kill them without a shame. But the real problem is that it is causing a big civilizations war, cause some planets that had a peace pact with other and a pact to help each other, don´t do anything cause of fear or cause they really are not warriors, so it causes "war" between both and WAR between them and the terrible
Gundaks (the civilization of the hell). Someday the Earth became a target of Gundaks, but the humans forget how to fight, there was centuries they were a pacific people, the people who tried to became a soldier just was dieing in the big battles. Humans would resist cause didn´t want to became slaves and neither want to give the earth to be destroied by the Gundaks. But the planet was already being destroied by the war, the human civilization would never be the same again. Wrost was the fact that the Gundaks have a very very better war technology than the humans, it made them badder than they could be. The Earth and the human civilization can just survive if some other good warriors civilization help the humans in this war.

So the scene is:
A Human soldier, sad, watching the beautiful Principal Earth City being destroied by the Gundak ships whyle a big number of soldiers down the montain going the death in the so injust battle. The Sly is red by explosions, and the green grass in burning in combustive explosions.
azhhael@azhhael.com
Animarus Collective
www.animarus.com
animarus@animarus.com

Old 10-25-2004, 04:18 PM   #4
azhhael
Azhhael Göedert

portfolio
Ina Leite Duarte
Animarus Collective
Belo Horizonte, Brazil

Smile Thank you Snake!

The draws were made by a friend called: Marcus Vinicius Ribeiro Rangel (Snake), cause i don´t know how to draw, and i want to thank you Snake, you draw exactly what i designed and thought about to be the Gundak Ship (sorry for just give you ideas in words but you put it in the paper very well).

Well, all this images will still be changed, the soldier will get some guns, bullets, and others war things. The ships will get some more details too, and soon i´ll post it in colors with adjusts, almost like will really be. The final Concept post will be composed yet. I want you to like and enjoy it, so i´ll make the best i can!
Kisses.
azhhael@azhhael.com
Animarus Collective
www.animarus.com
animarus@animarus.com

Last edited by azhhael : 10-27-2004 at 12:14 AM.

Old 10-25-2004, 04:56 PM   #5
gustavobenites
from mangue

portfolio
Gustavo Benites
Render TD
Z1 Studio
Joinville, Brazil

Send a message via ICQ to gustavobenites Send a message via MSN to gustavobenites
Great concepts!

Old 10-25-2004, 06:10 PM   #6
Hallis3d
Hallis Nascimento
3d Animator
Feira de Santana, Brazil

Send a message via MSN to Hallis3d
Blz

And that oh Ina good a lot of ta that yours historizes want vc to be seen it won't win that stopped it lasts.

Hugs!!!

Old 10-25-2004, 07:06 PM   #7
3doid
Frequenter

Zubuyer Kaolin
student
Bangladesh

Send a message via MSN to 3doid Send a message via Yahoo to 3doid
cool

wow aweosme story and totally kick ass first concept drawings... i specially like those worior designs... keep on rockin man... m gonna keep my eyes ont this one... best of luck man..

Old 10-25-2004, 07:21 PM   #8
Mage3D

portfolio
Guybrush Threepwood
New Caledonia

Send a message via MSN to Mage3D
Cool Lindo!

Adoro a ideia.
A conceito de por as forças humanas baseadas na natureza, etc. é uma ideia EXCELENTE!
Os desenhos dos humanos sao perfeitos... mas quando é que vamos ter um desenho dos inimigos??

Não posso esperar para a imágem final!

POOOOOOOORRRRRRTTTTTTOOOOOO!

...::: PRAISE JAH :::...

Old 10-26-2004, 12:04 AM   #9
ChristianDeny

portfolio
Christian Deny Almeida Costa
CG Artist
TV Vitoriosa
Uberlândia, Brazil

Send a message via MSN to ChristianDeny
WOW!
For the concepts I see that will be a magnificent scene!
I had not seen your drawings before, I liked style a lot.

Great work, good luck!
Sorry my bad english..

Old 10-26-2004, 06:50 PM   #10
azhhael
Azhhael Göedert

portfolio
Ina Leite Duarte
Animarus Collective
Belo Horizonte, Brazil

Helloooo

Oh, soon i´ll post the sketches in colors ok? And like soome persons asked for the Gundaks, i´ll post some Gundaks sketches too! UHU!
Hey Guys, here we go starting some modellings.
First the Arraia Ship.
I used box modelling here, with bevel in the borders and Split Polygon to make the "fine holes", just it. So i gave 1 smooth (i configurate al of it, not deault configuration) in the wings and 2 in the partial body. The Glass in the ship (the cokpit, right? can somone help with this word?) it´s a part made in extrusion faces and so extracted by the original object.
Well, look the next post for the images.

i am very happy about knowing you´re enjoing this work.
Any questions about the conducting of this work, be free ok?
And continuous reply me , everyday i´ll try to post news here. Kisses.
azhhael@azhhael.com
Animarus Collective
www.animarus.com
animarus@animarus.com

Last edited by azhhael : 10-26-2004 at 11:40 PM.

Old 10-26-2004, 07:41 PM   #11
gustavobenites
from mangue

portfolio
Gustavo Benites
Render TD
Z1 Studio
Joinville, Brazil

Send a message via ICQ to gustavobenites Send a message via MSN to gustavobenites
Cool! Looks like a mix with a bat and a bee. hehehehe.

hugs,
gustavo benites

Old 10-26-2004, 09:45 PM   #12
azhhael
Azhhael Göedert

portfolio
Ina Leite Duarte
Animarus Collective
Belo Horizonte, Brazil

Smile One more picture

sonn i´ll tosp it all in color, bút the final sketch tcham tcham tcham tcham...
Extra Extra! Soon! The final sketch of Gundaks War!
azhhael@azhhael.com
Animarus Collective
www.animarus.com
animarus@animarus.com

Last edited by azhhael : 10-26-2004 at 11:59 PM.

Old 10-26-2004, 11:28 PM   #13
azhhael
Azhhael Göedert

portfolio
Ina Leite Duarte
Animarus Collective
Belo Horizonte, Brazil

Concept Sketch: The Ships and Human Soldier

This is the first Ship, the "Gundak" Ship. Now, i´ll just make some ajdusts, and soon i´ll start to model. This ship uses lasers to fight.

The ideia is:
In the future, the humans are just a pacific a very happy civilization, that with a hight technology, made the Earth planet alive again, strong and with a very bid avriety of animals and plants. A wonderful paradise to live. So the Earth became a paradise to visit too. Another civilizations travels to the Earth to relax and have good vacations. The space is not a limit anymore. But there is a very bad civiization in the space, that nedds to move and move around the planets, destroing all they found by exploration for they ganancy, and their people just grow and grow so they always need new places with good structure to explrorate and destruct to, so move to another place. They slaves the people, and kill them without a shame. But the real problem is that it is causing a big civilizations war, cause some planets that had a peace pact with other and a pact to help each other, don´t do anything cause of fear or cause they really are not warriors, so it causes "war" between both and WAR between them and the terrible
Gundaks (the civilization of the hell). Someday the Earth became a target of Gundaks, but the humans forget how to fight, there was centuries they were a pacific people, the people who tried to became a soldier just was dieing in the big battles. Humans would resist cause didn´t want to became slaves and neither want to give the earth to be destroied by the Gundaks. But the planet was already being destroied by the war, the human civilization would never be the same again. Wrost was the fact that the Gundaks have a very very better war technology than the humans, it made them badder than they could be. The Earth and the human civilization can just survive if some other good warriors civilization help the humans in this war.

So the scene is:
A Human soldier, sad, watching the beautiful Principal Earth City being destroied by the Gundak ships whyle a big number of soldiers down the montain going the death in the so injust battle. The Sly is red by explosions, and the green grass in burning in combustive explosions.
azhhael@azhhael.com
Animarus Collective
www.animarus.com
animarus@animarus.com

Last edited by azhhael : 10-27-2004 at 12:12 AM.

Old 10-26-2004, 11:30 PM   #14
azhhael
Azhhael Göedert

portfolio
Ina Leite Duarte
Animarus Collective
Belo Horizonte, Brazil

Concept Sketch: The Ships and Human Soldier 2

This is the Human Ship, it looks like an "Arraia", and that´s the name of this ship. This ship uses special bullets to fight.
azhhael@azhhael.com
Animarus Collective
www.animarus.com
animarus@animarus.com

Old 10-26-2004, 11:32 PM   #15
azhhael
Azhhael Göedert

portfolio
Ina Leite Duarte
Animarus Collective
Belo Horizonte, Brazil

Concept Sketch: The Ships and Human Soldier 3

This is the human soldier. He uses an old war cloth, that was from the old last war in 3.680 A.C. , 500 years before the Gundak war, like the Arraia is too.

azhhael@azhhael.com
Animarus Collective
www.animarus.com
animarus@animarus.com

Thread Closed share thread