Grand Space Opera 3D Entry: Sebastien Durand

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 10 October 2004   #1
Grand Space Opera 3D Entry: Sebastien Durand

Sebastien Durand has entered the Grand Space Opera 3D.

Challenge Page

Latest Update: Texturing: Bot texturing - part 3 - reactor

Reactor texturing... i just finish to unwrap the uv map of the ship... such a lot of work... it's the first time i get involved into serious texturing work... updates coming soon !

Old 10 October 2004   #2
Idea 1 : The inauguration of the Governement-bot, a gigantic bot, a project that took so many years to scientist and politics, that bot is the hearth of the planet... That bot is so huge, it's like a mini electronic city (kind of matrix or blame! environement ), but the catastroph is near...

Just an idea for the moment

Old 10 October 2004   #3
Concept Sketch: Spaceship/city - 1st concept

First visual idea of a spaceship/city...
This 3d sketch is not necessary behind the previous story...i have another idea of story...
more coming soon!

Old 10 October 2004   #4
Looks awesome! The middle-of-the-planet lighting would serve well as a shadow of the coming catastrophe.

Old 10 October 2004   #5
Thanks for the kind post toastie.

Actually it's a very very rough concept 3d sketch, i hate that ugly background and the lighting is also to review... i want to create an interesting mood in my image...

I had already think to play with shadow in my image and that's what i'm going to do...

My story will be about an invansion, an invansion of mechanical bird in the athmosphere, those birds are flying around galaxies during a laps of time but when they had taken all the matter of the athmosphere, they leave to another galaxy...

I will make a lot of spaceship/city all around the planet but in the athmosphere, they will take the ressources from the planet with huge flexible pipe connected to them...

Hard to explain with text what i currently see in my head so i'll post a sketch (real not 3d) soon...

Cipher

Old 10 October 2004   #6
Concept Sketch: Hyperstation Hybrio-I

More details on the station and an almost fixed design

Old 10 October 2004   #7
That's an interesting concept! I like the little bio-domes with the cities inside. Very epic in scale! I'm looking forward to seeing more of this!

Old 10 October 2004   #8
gr8

hey nice concent goin on... i like ur idea i wud love to c more of these... by the way whats gonna b in the background?.... keep it up buddy i;ll b back for update... bye

Old 10 October 2004   #9
Hey thanx for the messages guys, this is very encouraging me for this hard contest

3doid : thanx, actually i'm working on the background and the general mood of the image (colors precisely), what is sure is that the station will be above the atmosphere of the planet and what i'd like to show in the image is the deep environnement on the ground and the high altitude between ground and the station, it's a lot of work of perspective and scaling because i wanna put the station on the foreground and show in same time the catastroph approaching in the background...

Take a look at the update below...

Good luck to you guys !

Old 10 October 2004   #10
Concept Sketch: Hyperstation concept sketch 2

Ok, i redefined the place of the city on the ship, it's bit more organized and ergonomic now...
I thought about a way to mix the reactor and the city to make a combinaison...

Working hard on colors and environnement now !

Old 10 October 2004   #11
Cool, it seems to be some creature...

Old 10 October 2004   #12
lookin good buddy.. keep it up... and show us some colored concepts... i like where ur goin

Old 10 October 2004   #13
Concept Sketch: Hyperstation colors test

some colors tests...

cya

Old 10 October 2004   #14
That is definatley a fun concept/ I think the color test works well. Feels real cartoon like.

Old 10 October 2004   #15
Great idea- I envy You imagination. It would be funny to see a herd of this "cities" walking through kind of savannah.

Thread Closed share thread