Grand Space Opera 3D Entry: Maximiliano Rocamora

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 10 October 2004   #1
Grand Space Opera 3D Entry: Maximiliano Rocamora

Maximiliano Rocamora has entered the Grand Space Opera 3D.

Challenge Page

Latest Update: Post Effects and Compositing: composition

Added some chaos to the scene, the textures on the Arg-Battlecruiser are still missing, I´ll work on that this weekend. I´m thinking on some attacking laser´s from the Fighters or the frigate. c&c are welcome.

Old 10 October 2004   #2
hey! my first challenge, I hope to finish this one. good luck to all!

Old 10 October 2004   #3
well, this is my first idea.
I'm really bad with drawing, so my skecht is directly from 3d. I hope you guys can get the idea.
the evil emperor is watching a lost battle, the soldiers of the space liberation army are already abording the mothership, and are really to kill him, and blow the ship.
some feedback about positions, proportions, color schemes, etc, is welcome.
Also I'm looking for new ideas using this two characters, maybe tomorrow I got new ones.

edited due to new ideas :P

Last edited by plaguelord : 10 October 2004 at 11:19 PM.

Old 10 October 2004   #4
edited, new concepts down

Last edited by plaguelord : 10 October 2004 at 10:21 PM.

Old 10 October 2004   #5
idea 1, some alien space soldier concepts

edited, (down again)

Last edited by plaguelord : 10 October 2004 at 03:06 AM.

Old 10 October 2004   #6
plan B
a epic battle on and unknown planet, agains a huge-alien-controled-beast (a friend of my suggest to put the point of view on a foot soldier, maybe can work and add some in-the-battle sensation.)

edited, final concepts on page 2

Last edited by plaguelord : 10 October 2004 at 12:29 AM.

Old 10 October 2004   #7
idea 3 (my vote goes for this one)

The classic space movie poster (maybe the bad emperor in front persp?)

EDIT check page 2 for concepts

Last edited by plaguelord : 10 October 2004 at 05:09 PM.

Old 10 October 2004   #8
concept #4
I will keep the alien army idea and the empire felling. maybe this with diferent background or point of view. maybe some battlecruisers on the space... I dont know..

EDIT check page 2 for concepts

Last edited by plaguelord : 10 October 2004 at 05:10 PM.

Old 10 October 2004   #9
totally diferent aproaching, the classic space battle, but the alien races has a squid looking cruiser.

The human battlecruiser "IRON FIST" and the entire spacec fleet falls into Katar's ambush, the katar spaceships have cloacking devices, and the main katar cruiser attack the big ship with mechanic tentacles, also anothers spaceship apearing in the scene, some enemy ship will have the effect of uncloacking.

any c&c are welcome...

EDit: this is the cg sckecht, if you want to see my ugly draws check page 2

Last edited by plaguelord : 10 October 2004 at 05:13 PM.

Old 10 October 2004   #10
I like the same idea as you .... your stile reminds me to Julio Verne's novels ...

PD: I don't know if its julio verne or berne ..???

Old 10 October 2004   #11
thanks emo, maybe I get stick with the last concept, my only problem is the "ambush" effect. well, a challenge is a challenge!

pd: is julio verne

Old 10 October 2004   #12
Hi,

I think you will be most succesfull with the idea 3. The forground with the soilders is great, but maybe put something different in the background.

peace and good luck

Old 10 October 2004   #13
thanks hiespike, the main problem with the movie poster, is the good guy, the movie has the army, the battlecruiser (is hard to see it, I will clean the picture later), the bad bad emperor, but the good guy is missing, the problem is, make a alien head is one thing, but make a human head... is another :S

Old 10 October 2004   #14
cool

hey plaguelord u goin gr8 man... i like the drawings... specially the #4. i suggest to make it big like u can make the speech taking place infornt of a huge futuristic palace and up in the air put some aweosme looking ships and a LOT of croud... put some numbers of suns and moons too and there u got a GRAND SPANCE OPERA!!... just some idea from this nutty guy.... keep those wheels turning and u'll b there in no time...brb when u update...

Old 10 October 2004   #15
o hey another thing... up load ur images through the cg surver or else ur progress will not be recorded... i made the same mistake b4.. dats y m alarting others too

Thread Closed share thread