Grand Space Opera 3D Entry: Spiro Anagnostakos

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

10 October 2004
Grand Space Opera 3D Entry: Spiro Anagnostakos

Spiro Anagnostakos has entered the Grand Space Opera 3D.

10 October 2004
OMFG!!! I really have to think on this one, tooo many prizes too little time!! Off I go to brainstorm I'll be back soon with some sketches!! Good luck to all and hello to the rest of the challenge "big dogs!!"

10 October 2004
Concept Sketch: 5 min sketch

Well.....this is the sketch. It\'s soo funny because It\'s kinda hard to tell whats going on, but the greyish planes are the cyclone fleet, and the others on the ground are the GTA cruisers. I will explain the story in the next post. Wow! I got alot of work to do.

10 October 2004
The Story

THE STORY:

It was a race......

As the two planets evolved, so did thier technology. The great minds of both planets began to make incredible achievements and discoveries. Instruments were made to see and measure, and both planets Visquin and Walukton began to realize that life existed on other planets as well.

Lord Akabar of Visquin put together some of the smartest minds on the planet to find a way to travel to, and take over planet Walukton. King Adenaw of Walukton had no idea what was about to happen to his planet....to his people.....the race had begun. Adenaw believed an invasion could one day happen, and was armed with the best security they had...the GTA ground cruisers.

THE MOMENT:

The newly developed Cyclone fleet has penetrated through the armosphere of planet Walukton, unfortunatly, the GTA ground cruisers are no match for the Visquins.

10 October 2004
Although it's a rough sketch, I can see the idea you've got forming in your head. Looks intense!!

10 October 2004
have fun man

10 October 2004
Concept Sketch: Cyclone fighter

This is the sketch for the cyclone fighter. i'm not sure if I'm going to follow this exactly but I will definatly keep the concept of the huge engine.

10 October 2004
Hi Spiro...............Well you are certantly going for that epic galactic battle.I like the scale,and the cyclone concept is a nice one.I wish you the best and I'll be catching up with you later..........

10 October 2004
Modeling: test modeling

Just putting together my ideas and started to work on the cyclone fighter.

10 October 2004
Modeling: UPDATE

Added the beginning of the stabilizer...

10 October 2004
Modeling: Gyrobeams

This is on both sides of the cyclone fighter. They will be able to rotate, just haven't gotten that far yet. Please fell free to critique. Thanks!

10 October 2004
hi gyro, your image is simple but looks with a lot of action. I have a question, you are going for some hitech spaceships or toon-ish style? I ask this coz the modeling looks for hitech ships, but the concept looks more cartoon-stylized

10 October 2004
Well my sketches look cartoonish because when I'm trying to design something, I feel appeal is really important so I basically am looking for the curves and angles that will do that, which is why it may look a little cartoonish but I'm most definatly going for the high tech look.

10 October 2004
Looks like a lot of action is going on. Make sure you get a good angle on it.

10 October 2004
Modeling: UPDATE

Guns mounted and ready

Thread Closed share thread