Grand Space Opera 3D Entry: Harry Spirides

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

10 October 2004
Grand Space Opera 3D Entry: Harry Spirides

Harry Spirides has entered the Grand Space Opera 3D.

10 October 2004
Well...I always seem to want to enter, yet never finish. Here's to the first time.

Idea #1: "Against All Odds"

It will be one very small lone ship faced with an entire armada of enemy ships.

Or, same idea, except using one small lone soldier faced with a enormous invading alien army.

I know...not very original, but hey...I can still make it look good.

Thoughts?

Oh and...GOOD LUCK TO ALL THOSE ENTERING THE CHALLENGE

I'm pulling for each and every one of ya! (to come in second of course. just kidding)

10 October 2004
Concept Sketch: Against all odds

Just the first idea. Not to original I don't think.

10 October 2004
Dont know why, but that sketch is pretty funny. Would be hilarious to see some really small soldier with a huge gun against a giant army :P At the moment it almost seems like a little kid! Would be a great way to make the image less stereotypical too!

10 October 2004
would be nice if we have some cartoon-style in that challenge, no disadvantage

10 October 2004
Originally Posted by Cole: Dont know why, but that sketch is pretty funny. Would be hilarious to see some really small soldier with a huge gun against a giant army :P At the moment it almost seems like a little kid! Would be a great way to make the image less stereotypical too!

If this is what you're going for it will be really funny and worth to keep an eye on

10 October 2004
Hey thanks guys! If I go with this idea, it probably will be a cartoon style. I hope it doesnt end up being a disadvantage. Well I hope you guys do keep an eye on my through this...I'll post something soon.

10 October 2004
I think it would be a dissadvantage sorry to say. But I still Think it's a great idea and would be worth doing anyway.

Good Luck

10 October 2004
It is indeed a really nice idea, and it would make a really cool image. But please explain the iconic event. It's not like a real victory, or real loss (since there's only one man) It's just a very fun situation. I'd love to see it, but I'm not sure if it fits in the theme

10 October 2004
Bookman: yeah I'm sure it would be a disadvantage. But I never really worry about winning the challenges. They just give me great ideas to work on.

oshiroii: Well...the grand event is the enormous invading army, with the pending (and obvious) defeat for the small soldier. I may alter the idea a bit, but I like the lone soldier idea.

01 January 2006
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread