Modo Crash (mirroring )

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

10 October 2004
Modo Crash (mirroring )

does anyone experience MODO crashing when you try and Mirror over your model

i've done this many times before. but now a days it seems to crash when i make an attempt to mirror over

10 October 2004
yep happens here, once in a while, so i restart the Modo and sometimes it goes away.
Usualy i Right click on the mirror tool, in the toolpipe reset it, and activate, and appy in the tool pipe, not on the viewport. its less buggy that way

10 October 2004
thx for your response i will give it a try what you suggested

10 October 2004
some of my crash problems dissolved away when i do not use certain functions with multiple layers enabled. like bevels. mirror can be one of them. again this is a workaround, i belive that is abug

10 October 2004
Same problem here... thanx for the workarounds...

Has anyone pointed out this bug to any of the Lux guys here?

10 October 2004
It anyone has a good set of steps to reproduce, we'd like to hear them.

10 October 2004
i also notice somtimes if i repeatedly delete edges by hitting backspace. it will crash aswell. i will try and narrow things down and be more specific as to what i doing when i get it..

10 October 2004
My workaround is make the mirroring process in to a Macro, and save in cfg. And less crash for me.

10 October 2004
wow...i was initially considering buying Modo...it "looked" so great. but the general impression I see so far all over cgtalk is that it's a buggy lump of trash! how can you not be able to mirror without crashing it! that's insane surely?

10 October 2004
Originally Posted by chav: wow...i was initially considering buying Modo...it "looked" so great. but the general impression I see so far all over cgtalk is that it's a buggy lump of trash! how can you not be able to mirror without crashing it! that's insane surely?

I cannot get it to crash while mirroring and I use it all the time. I'm still waiting for someone to send me steps for this.

10 October 2004
Well i managed to make it crash using mirrroring myself. What I was doing, was trying to mirror, i'd do it on the wrong axis. Hit control z to undo. then re mirrror with the tool still activated. and boom. crash. it did it a few times in a row.

and i also had a problem getting the lightwave commands to work. it didn't install with the cd install. I had to open the package contents and change some config files. Eric helped me with that.

10 October 2004
I can't seem to make it crash using the mirror tool, even when I try using undo with the tool still active. And I've used it quite a bit now.
Might this be related to a specific hardware/software combination? I'm using a Mac dual G5 2.5.

Bert

10 October 2004
Originally Posted by chav: wow...i was initially considering buying Modo...it "looked" so great. but the general impression I see so far all over cgtalk is that it's a buggy lump of trash! how can you not be able to mirror without crashing it! that's insane surely?

I'd like to see you pick up a compiler and write a better mirror tool. In all honesty I'd really like to see you do it, I'm not flaming you nor am I picking on you (although I do find your post a bit impolite).

I've been professionally programming for about 4 years and I still only consider myself entry level. My work experience really taught me to humble myself and be more forgiving to other software developers. Like they say: "don't knock it till you've tried it."

10 October 2004

i dont know anyone who has come forward and said they regret purchasing modo because of all the bugs that have been popping up . i personally bought it and even though it crashes for one reason or the other. i'm still happy with my purchase ... the lux guys havent abadoned us and doing things in the dark. they show great intrest in solving problems we are having. atleast you now when you report a bug it is acknoledged. rather than going to some website and sending a note. and god knows who is reading this note. .. doing something this big there are bound to be errors that will only be discovered over time.

alot of people have faith in these guys. ...

10 October 2004
im not complaining either. i love using modo thus far, and I'm even more impressed with how the lux boys have been involved with the users like on these forums. even if the program crashed all the time, i think the customer service is worth it. I was just adding that it has crashed on me using the mirror tool.

Thread Closed share thread