CGTalk > Software > Photoshop / Painter
Login register
Thread Closed share thread « Previous Thread | Next Thread »  

Old 10-15-2004, 06:19 PM   #1
B. Baxter

Ryan Church - watercolor wash

hey all,

a friend and i are trying to follow along with ryan church's gnomon dvds and are having trouble replicating his watercolor wash brush. he gets such a nice even tone and sharp edges and we're getting nothing of the sort. the best we can muster is still splotchy and very fuzzy along the edges. we feel like we've tried every brush option there is and edited all the variants. does anyone out there know how to get this effect?

we've also made some attempts to download his brushes but are still working on getting those to import correctly.

anything would be a huge help. we're on painter 8.

thanks.

Old 10-16-2004, 09:58 PM   #2
rebo
Lord of the posts
Dr Rebs Rebo PhD
United Kingdom

painter 9's watercolor brushes are much more like the brushes he is using in painter 6. My advice download the painter 9 demo and if u like it upgrade.

Old 10-16-2004, 10:37 PM   #3
Jinbrown
A Corel Painter Lover

Jinny Brown
Painter Instructor, Tutorials, Demos, Painter Info, and Resources at PixelAlley. Support Painter users in Painter Community lists, boards, newsgroups and other Painter forums and graphics forums.
USA

Hi B. Baxter,

Read the followng thread to find the answers:

Ryan Church's brush question

rebo

Painter 7, Painter 8, and Painter 9 Water Colors are nothing at all like Painter 6 Water Colors. The Water Color technology changed completely beginning with Painter 7.

I think you must mean the Painter 9 Digital Water Colors which are similar to Painter 6 Water Colors, but a lot better.

This new brush category was introduced in Painter 8, but the Painter 9 Digital Water Colors are improved since Painter 8 and some problems were solved.

Old 10-16-2004, 11:15 PM   #4
rebo
Lord of the posts
Dr Rebs Rebo PhD
United Kingdom

Yea i meant painter 9's digital water colors!

Old 10-17-2004, 01:06 AM   #5
Jinbrown
A Corel Painter Lover

Jinny Brown
Painter Instructor, Tutorials, Demos, Painter Info, and Resources at PixelAlley. Support Painter users in Painter Community lists, boards, newsgroups and other Painter forums and graphics forums.
USA

Hi rebo,

Thought so.

I just correct things like that so newcomers to Painter won't be more confused than necessary.

Old 01-20-2005, 02:19 AM   #6
x_wolf19
Veteran
Nicholas Peterson
FX artist/3d artist
Flying Lab Software
USA

Send a message via AIM to x_wolf19 Send a message via MSN to x_wolf19 Send a message via Yahoo to x_wolf19
Thumbs up

that search function rules same problem I was having and I figured out how to make the brush based on whatcha said Cooooooolies. Thanks

Old 01-21-2005, 03:00 AM   #7
Jinbrown
A Corel Painter Lover

Jinny Brown
USA

oops, answered the same post a second time.

Old 01-21-2006, 04:00 AM   #8
CGTalk Moderation
Expert
CGTalk Forum Leader

Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread