|10-06-2004, 01:13 PM||#1|
Washington DC, USA
CgTalk Daily Sketch 123 "Girl with a gun"
"Girl with a gun"
Posted Oct 5 am EST
Welcome to the cgtalk sketch group.
We will try to post one of these topics once a day for your enjoyment.
These are the rules:
* Post only your FINAL piece on this thread, based on the topic on the thread.
* 640 x 480 / 480 x 640 OR 800 x 600 /600 x 800
* They can be done on any medium.
* If you wish, you can add a brief text description about your piece.
* Only original compositions. No "tributes" or plagiarizing.
* The topics will be posted every day between 10:00 - 12:00 am US EST.
* The artist also has to post total length of time it took (Thanks Clanger for the idea) and program used.
* Only final pieces can be posted on the thread. They must have been done AFTER the topic has been announced.
* Any piece caught breaking the rules will be taken off the thread.
* The topics will be picked at random from the list on this thread
(The author will be given credit). So guys keep them coming.
*You can add multiple entries, but please dont post WIP (Unless you intend to update them). NEW RULE!
* Ill post ANOTHER thread to quantify and track WHO has participated the most on these threads.
PS To submit your topic ideas and suggestions go to this thread:
|10-06-2004, 05:15 PM||#6|
in a moat, USA
Photoshop and mouse.
Ok here is mine... took me about 2 hourstotal I think, Photoshop and mouse,
I used a reference for girl, using references helps a lot I have noticed. crits welcome. for this and every sketch
"Look what I found in daddy's drawer"
Whether you think you can or you can't, you probably right.
JOIN THE DSG
Last edited by sagi_13 : 10-06-2004 at 08:40 PM.
|10-06-2004, 06:22 PM||#9|
edit: MOUSE?! You really need a tablet, man! That is even more amazing for drawing with a mouse! I tried it today and I suck with just a mouse!
-= Some days, the dragon wins. =-
|10-06-2004, 06:26 PM||#10|
Las Vegas, USA
1hr / painter & photoshop / wacom
wanted to try a little bit of a different style today, only it didnt turn out much different from my usual style.
already some great entries today. good work everyone
Girl with a gun
|10-06-2004, 07:10 PM||#13|
Omnipotent and omniscient
Join Date: Dec 2002
Really nice sketchs as usual guys!
I just got myself a little cheap wacom so this is my second doodle with a wacom ever! As you can tell I'm still getting used to it... I'm pretty sure my next one will be better.
Inspiration sources : http://www.louisfabien.fr - paintings
|10-06-2004, 07:33 PM||#14|
No light please, thanks
It will stay hidden.
Join Date: Apr 2003
Cliche subject, cliche execution. This one could also be called: my first dive in the deep waters of realistic figure drawing. And it would be great if someone could explain to me what is wrong, especially with the head.
mare than 2.5 H | PS
Vitriolic you're doing really well!
|10-06-2004, 08:00 PM||#15|
Next stop...the stars!
Part-time Professor, Full-Time 3-D Artist
Join Date: Feb 2002
Great Job Garma!
Lighting is not bad and neither is your color pallet. The head is a bit large, and the limbs come to a pretty severe point. (which is fine except that from what you said in your post you want realism.)
The right leg is a bit twisty. Do you use photo ref? Photo refrence is the ONLY way to learn how to draw a realistic figure in my opinion. ( live models are better, but who has access to one of those 24/7)
Great Job though!
|Thread Closed share thread|