CGTalk > Software > Pixologic ZBrush
Login register
Thread Closed share thread « Previous Thread | Next Thread »  

Old 10-02-2004, 11:57 PM   #1
animquer
Marko Shovljanski
Serbia

chase an edge?

I am reading practical manual, thay showed how to chase a polygon, but i want to chase just one edge of it, is that posible,,

Old 10-03-2004, 04:48 AM   #2
aminuts
Veteran

I don't think so...not yet. Far as I know there is no way to select just one single edge, just a single poly. Perhaps in future updates but that's up to pixologic, I reckon, as I am not sure what their mission statement is....ie...remain what it is...a unique product in an overcrowded market or if they have grander plans to join the 3d giants. I kinda like the niche their are in but they have really progressed rather well from their beginnings and I could see them going places other programs haven't but I like them just the way they are....well a few minor things I would change hahahaha but hell I am sure my spouse says the same about me!

Old 10-06-2004, 12:01 PM   #3
animquer
Marko Shovljanski
Serbia

I am traumated by the polygon seletion metod,, ok shift+ctrl is ok, but why can't I click to select/deselect?, But good/great! program overall

Old 10-07-2004, 05:41 AM   #4
aminuts
Veteran

Ctrl-shift drag let go of mouse button first selects anything under the green window

Ctrl-shift drag let go of shift key first deselects anything under the red window

hope that helps

Old 10-07-2004, 08:36 AM   #5
onlooker
philosopherExtraordinaire

long live Darrell
PHX, USA

It's just ctrl+shift & click on a blank spot anywhere in the window to deselect. How hard is that?
I think the idea is to use the same approach in and out of the selection method. It makes it all the easier to remember. It becomes second nature after a while. I've only had Z2 for a day, and I'm already used to that part. You are right though. Great program.. no - Stellar program.

Old 10-07-2004, 04:12 PM   #6
richcz3
esc is key

portfolio
Richard Cabrera
Media Developer
Digital Works
Los Angeles, USA

Send a message via Yahoo to richcz3
Quote:
Originally Posted by onlooker
It's just ctrl+shift & click on a blank spot anywhere in the window to deselect. How hard is that?...edit
When you are looking for precise line of polys to select, especially when a model has many curved areas, the rectangular selection tool has allot to be desired. The polygroups and alpha tools aren't a complete solution either. It would be nice to have at least a poly selection tool that is size adjustable in the next revision. For right now I have export to an obj file and import back to LW to get precise selections faster.

richcz3

Old 01-19-2006, 11:00 AM   #7
CGTalk Moderation
Lord of the posts
CGTalk Forum Leader

Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread