Can Modo conect vertices?

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

10 October 2004
Can Modo conect vertices?

Plz help. Modo can conect vertice x vertice or vertice x edge? I´m new at modeling and my firt try was wings3d, wich has this kind of tool (connect). What should I do to get the same results?

2. Does anyone knows a good tutorial about head/ body modeling at MODO ?

thanks for your attention.

Last edited by Ilustre : 10 October 2004 at 09:52 PM.

10 October 2004
Select your first point, then your second. Goto Geometry | Vertex | Join. Accept defualt values.

Cheers

10 October 2004
you dont have the connect tool in modo yet unfortunately. You have to select the edge slice tool and connect the vertices with that for now.

10 October 2004
thanks, but the result is not what I want. For exemple: I have a 6 sides poligon and I want to creat 3 four sided polys inside the 6sided ngons. How can I do that?

10 October 2004
Originally Posted by Phil Lawson: Select your first point, then your second. Goto Geometry | Vertex | Join. Accept defualt values.

Cheers

Or "Join Average".
It welds/connects at a middle point between selected verts.

10 October 2004
select 2 or more verts and use the split poly tool. it will connect them like in other apps ( but dont get too wild with your selections, it breaks at times. )

10 October 2004
You have to use a tool called Spikey.
It creates all traingles with a common mid point in the center of the 6-gon.
And then you can modify the triangles into quads.

10 October 2004
I´m a little baffled with this thread? There´s no "Weld" command in Modo?!

10 October 2004
if you used wings you would know that connect doesnt mean welding at all. what it does is , you grab a selection of elements and it creates edges between them, that join them.

in modo welding is done through the join command( i think thats the name ). its interactive too.

10 October 2004
Uups, sorry. Maybe i shouldn´t post too much before actually having Modo...(deeeeemoooo)

10 October 2004
Yes, also called connect in Max, LightWave (Via DI's poly tools) and XSI. some times called Connect edges too. I don't have Modo so I don't know either but if it follows the old Lightwave naming scheme, it's most likely the "Split" command that was mentioned above.

10 October 2004
Don't know if that's been said but besides the "Join" and the "Join Average", you also have the
"Geometry -> Vertex -> Merge" function just like the one in Lightwave.

The ripper.

01 January 2006
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread