Maya to MODO questions

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

10 October 2004
Lightbulb Maya to MODO questions

I am a long time Maya user and I am wondering if there are ways of doing the following in MODO:
1. In Maya hitting spacebar you can change between viewports how can one do this in MODO. Going to the menu and choosing top, bottom, perspective and so on is rather annoying and redundant.
2. I hate the trackball control and it keeps on bouncing back how can I permanently turn it off?
3. How do I get the interface to "look like" or resemble Maya, I thought it was supposed to be in the layouts but it's not there...that's a minor thing....

So far so good, MODO is great. I will show my automotive interior project soon. Hint...2006 Mazda 3 interior

Last edited by plodej : 10 October 2004 at 01:50 AM.

10 October 2004
Quote: 1. In Maya hitting spacebar you can change between viewports how can one do this in MODO. Going to the menu and choosing top, bottom, perspective and so on is rather annoying and redundant
in modo press 0 .. its like maya
Quote: 2. I hate the trackball control and it keeps on bouncing back how can I permanently turn it off?
just press alt+F12 when u desative , this gona save ur confing
Quote: 3. How do I get the interface to "look like" or resemble Maya, I thought it was supposed to be in the layouts but it's not there...that's a minor thing....
go in the menu
view > viewport color scheme > maya ... and enjoy !
hugs

10 October 2004
Cool, cool..thnx a bunch..one more thing I just thought about...in Maya when you select an object and hit F it brings the object into focus. Is there a hotkey for this in MODO? Thnx again

10 October 2004
press A its the same of F in maya cya

01 January 2006
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread