Group Learning

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 10 October 2004   #1
Lightbulb Group Learning

I just had an idea that maybe some others here might be interested in doing. I was thinking of a group tutorial/lesson. Someone decides on an object to model. We all take our shot at it. Then we post our progress and make comparisons to each others. Then correct.

I thought it might be a great way to learn from each other and the use of different tools in modo.

Just a thought. Let me know if anyone is interested.

Old 10 October 2004   #2

I like this idea! It can motivate some people to do work based on assignments, especially those who are not super veteran pros yet.

It sounds like speed modeling, only here speed isn't the matter. But I think this thing must have a target audience, for beginner, intermediate or advanced.

This kind of idea can be done with all 3d programs. Why not bring all 3d folks of different 'clans' together and do this together. So you will get work modeled in XSI, Maya, LW, Max, Modo, etc, a wide variety.

Old 10 October 2004   #3
count me in

I have some experience of character modelling.

Maybe we could post blueprints and together work the same model.

we could solve problems together (somebody alredy said that )

Old 10 October 2004   #4
Yeah after posting I saw the speed modeling thread. There certainly wouldn't be any harm in extending this out to the other platforms. But in a beginners case I think it would be easier to not have to translate the tools or workflow. I thought since modo is new to everyone it would be neat and very helpful to the new guys...like me Maybe even the vets could get something out of it.

Old 10 October 2004   #5
Well if you have a character you want to start working on just post it and lets go. I couldn't really care what we model. I just want to get good at it.

Old 10 October 2004   #6
I`m with U on this idea! lets not do korny stuff like bigboobed cheeks.Maybe we will try to model some old character model? what do You think?

Old 10 October 2004   #7
good ideia ! actualy i modeling one robot to accustoming with modo interface . its one good way one litle model but complex geometry ... its good to get fast workflow and experience to make one character .. after this bot i gonna make one char .. if some one to want see the concept i post here.......... hugs

Old 10 October 2004   #8
yeah I agree with old chracter model

maybe I could check my stored wire referencies pictures (front & side wire view) and find something a little bit simplier model 2 start with.

or maybe u 2 have something that ull like 2 model

but I can join as soon as I finish this model

I have some wire problems in shoulder area

Old 10 October 2004   #9
cool model nikola
here is my first modo model ... its not finished but here is some layers and parts....

hugs

Old 10 October 2004   #10
so does anyone have any blueprints for a project to start working on?

Old 10 October 2004   #11
Great "pod" concept and modelling leonard_davi I am sure that we could learn a lot of things from eachother .

Just a thought , maybe u could use edge weights for a sharp edges of the model.

greetnigs
Nikola

Old 10 October 2004   #12
thnx nik... hey nikola how u use reference on the item preview ???

Old 10 October 2004   #13
click on the right up window of any window scroll down and find item preview, afther that drug any pic in it
u can do it in any window u like or make urself a new one

Old 10 October 2004   #14
Here is a good site for some reference material

http://www.suurland.com/

Old 10 October 2004   #15
hey WPTV something is wrong with ur loop thread, i can load it but with errors

http://www.secondreality.ch/ here u can find the best (for me) head modelling tutorial

It is for max but the technick is universal.

I cant wait 2 see 3D macho man (if u want 2 model him)

thz for http://www.suurland.com/ Dion

greetings
Nikola

Last edited by Nikola : 10 October 2004 at 01:46 PM.

Thread Closed share thread