New - ACDSee 7.0

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 09 September 2004   #1
New - ACDSee 7.0

http://www.acdsystems.com/English/P...ew-features.htm

Quote:

What's New in ACDSee
™ 7
• Acquire, organize, view and manage your images faster than ever — way faster.
• Save time using more batch image functions than you'll find in any other product.
• Share your photos instantly using SendPix, ACD's free online image sharing, now with mobile phone support.
• Compare similar images. Use ACDSee 7's side-by-side Image Compare feature to pick out the best shot.
• Use the Curves tool to correct exposure.
• Work effortlessly with multiple high-resolution images at the same time.
• Examine your images in their original RAW formats. ACDSee supports Canon, Nikon, Fujifilm, Olympus, Kodak, Minolta and other major camera brands.
• Use the Create Disc Wizard to simultaneously burn image files to CD/DVD and create thumbnails of your offline CD.
• Publish your images to TiVo®'s Digital Photo Viewer and bring the digital experience into the living room.
• Expand your organizing and editing capabilities with more tools in the improved Image Basket.
• View all of your photos at once in the Image Well.
• View your folder contents in the Thumbs + Details mode, and specify which information to display.
• Optimize your workflow using the Context Sensitive Toolbar.
• Create PDF and Flash slide shows.
• Manage your images even better in ACDSee 7's improved Organize pane.
• Take advantage of ACDSee's support for MPV and HighMAT.
• View, browse and convert images in the JPEG 2000 format.
• Copy database information to and from your EXIF data.
• Maintain your collection with enhanced database tools.

Last edited by Self-Designer : 09 September 2004 at 02:13 PM.

Old 09 September 2004   #2
believe it or not. I am still using ACDSee 32. That wasn't even version 1. I find that is the most stable ACDSee ever, take less space on my computer, browse fast, less bug. I barely use the funtion that they have now, ususally just go to photoshop instead.

Old 09 September 2004   #3
Yeh, I believe you, 'casue you're 90% right. In all the features they added in the last 7 versions, I can see only 5% useful. Yet there are some nice (nice, like useful) features there.

Well, what's with the "much faster now" feature (can't recall when i saw it)? i think they took it from Painter IX!

Old 09 September 2004   #4
acdsee version 3 seemed to me the last usable version that didn't take ages to load. with 4.x things got really slow and unstable here.
i for one have moved on to xnview. irfanview isn't bad, too. both of them are freeware.

Old 09 September 2004   #5
I already see how this thread is gonna be like the one, 1.5 years ago, when ACDSee came with version 6.
Strange, it was me that posted about it last time. Maybe it's because it's not exciting like 3dmax 7, and maybe because it's not worthy using it while you have subtitutes like xnview and irfanview.
Anyway, i'm just bringing the news. i'm the paper boy!

Old 09 September 2004   #6
thanks for pointing out the older thread. will try out slowview that was mentioned there.
cause the ideal image browser still hasn't found the way to my harddrive.

Old 09 September 2004   #7
for just looking at images, the Windows Picture and Fax Viewer works just fine for me. If I'm going to edit anything, Photoshop is da man!

Windows Picture and Fax viewer is virtually the only MS program worth anything in my book, but then again, I just use it to open images, nothing more.

Old 09 September 2004   #8
Gah - im gonna avoid that one too!
I havent upgraded since acdsee 3! The newer versions have so many features in it now, that it takes ages to load and is overly complicated. Acdsee 3 was a simple, quick image browser / viewer, the way i like it. If i wanna do more advanced things, i would use photoshop. They should release a cut down version or something.

Old 09 September 2004   #9
Yeah gotta go with the "old and simple" crowd here too..haven't tried xnview or the new stuff yet, but acdsee 3.x is a workhorse and does everything I want, all I ever use is view, zoom, scroll, and slideshow set to 0ms for checking sequences. I upgraded as far as 4.0 but that was the beginning of the end, rolled most of my machines back.

Have the same kind of relationship with Winamp, I'm still using 2.5 or something..all I want is play and playlists, and I found a skin I like a long time ago, that's basically it for me.

Getting a bit much with every little program becoming a "multimedia experience" and wanting to be the only thing in your life.

Old 09 September 2004   #10
Does it open and export different bit depth images?? 16bit greyscale to 48bit rgb tiff? I need this functionality and do not own photoshop. I have been looking into thumbsplus 7 and it does this as well as many of the acdsee 7 features.

Old 10 October 2004   #11
The last few versions have been as comfortable as a nail in the foot!

any one out there have a realistic alternative, been looking for a couple years?

Old 10 October 2004   #12
Originally Posted by Sp3ctre: for just looking at images, the Windows Picture and Fax Viewer works just fine for me. If I'm going to edit anything, Photoshop is da man!

Windows Picture and Fax viewer is virtually the only MS program worth anything in my book, but then again, I just use it to open images, nothing more.

Windows Picture and Fax Viewer?? Wow, that's so unconvenient... or atleast to me. It may be fine enough for just viewing forward and backward, but the windows explorer thumbnails are so slow, and I have no idea how can I clean the thumbnails' database (if there's anywhere).

Originally Posted by pthomas72: The last few versions have been as comfortable as a nail in the foot!
any one out there have a realistic alternative, been looking for a couple years?

I've noted before about a thread from last year. RTFM!!

Anyway, i gave a try to ACDSee 7, and it's not that slow as people say. I remember that version 4 was really that slow to its days. Well, still I agree I can see no real reason to pass a browser.

Old 01 January 2006   #13
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread