Viewing and modify 2 independant meshes

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

09 September 2004
Viewing and modify 2 independant meshes

I'm new to modo too, my question is simple, how can we view 2 independant meshes at the same time and be able to modify them ?

the point is : i have a head and an eye and i want to position the eye in the right place of the socket...

please help me

Cipher

09 September 2004
Put the object you want to modify in the foreground layer and the object you want to use as reference in the background layer. It's that simple.

Edit: you can also create a selction set for each mesh and use that to move them around in the same layer if you want.

Last edited by Sbowling : 09 September 2004 at 10:35 AM.

09 September 2004
I'm really liking the select by Material mode. It would be great to be able to select by Part, or Connected as well (as opposed to hitting a poly and then select Connected), unless it's already there and I just haven't found it yet.

09 September 2004
You can do both. Click on the '+' by the part name in the stats dialog. You can also select by connect by double-clicking on the object. Or a pattern (click every other edge in a loop a couple times then press the up arrow to continue selecting in that pattern). Use the stats dialog a lot, you can select by part name, material name, # of vertices, polys or subpatches, curves, number of polys a vert is connected to, every catagory that's in there can be selected or deselected (like non-planar polys..)

best,

Greg

Originally Posted by brap: I'm really liking the select by Material mode. It would be great to be able to select by Part, or Connected as well (as opposed to hitting a poly and then select Connected), unless it's already there and I just haven't found it yet.

Last edited by leuey : 09 September 2004 at 03:18 PM.

09 September 2004
Originally Posted by leuey: You can do both. Click on the '+' by the part name in the stats dialog. You can also select by connect ] or invert [ (i may have those reversed not in front of modo right now). Or a pattern (click every other edge in a loop a couple times then press the up arrow to continue selecting in that pattern). Use the stats dialog a lot, you can select by part name, material name, # of vertices, polys or subpatches, curves, number of polys a vert is connected to, every catagory that's in there can be selected or deselected (like non-planar polys..)

Hey Greg, I should have been more precise in my question. What would be cool is if you could select with a single-click tool, instead of with the Info palette. Like the TMP Select plug for modeler, which selects by Part, Selection Set or Surface.

09 September 2004
Originally Posted by leuey: You can also select by connect by double-clicking on the object.

Doh! thanks, so used to Select Connected that I had forgot that already!

09 September 2004
Yeah it's ok, thanks a lot guys, every minutes i discover something of that huge software, i love it

cheers,
Cipher

01 January 2006
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread