Modo ona Mac?

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 09 September 2004   #1
Modo ona Mac?

has anyone been able to get Modo to work on a Mac? i just downloaded it tonight and i get a license error when i launch the app.

Old 09 September 2004   #2
If you have downloaded and installed the license key and it still does not work, please contact cs@luxology.com directly and we will work with you to sort it out.

Thanks
BP

Old 09 September 2004   #3
Yep, it works like a dream.

I believe the instructions said to run the temporary licence command file before you launch Modo. (The download link for the licence file was on the same page as the main Modo download).

So I get a '14 day trial' message now when I launch Modo. Which I guess is how the temporary licence works until I receive my permanent licence number.

aw

Old 09 September 2004   #4
I haven't got Modo yet, but I'm very interested to know how it does on Mac OS X. There are reason why Modo should excel on Mac OS X...

1. First 3D app written from the ground up with the most modern OS X / G5 compilers
2. OS X will allow more RAM to be allocated to the app than current Windows systems
3. Luxology's "3D OS" should mean better cross-platform plug-in support.

Some other 3D apps make the Mac users second class citizens. That should all change with Luxology. This app should make your Apple G5 workstation shine!

Old 09 September 2004   #5
I got the license error, too, reinstalled, and it worked.

I'm running on a relatively slow G4 laptop (867 mhz). Modo is less responsive than LW Modeller on this platform.

Its very slick, though, and very reminiscent of LW. The surface editor; a bunch of stuff reminds me of LW. Its what should have happened to Modeller. . .a recommendation; if you're a LW user, install with LW shortcuts-- I keep hitting "T" expecting to bring up move. . .

Old 09 September 2004   #6
dose your user name on your computer match the username on the luxology site, on mine i registered as Rob Turner, but my computer is Robert Turner :(

Old 09 September 2004   #7
I would be really interested to know how Modo performs on a 15" powerbook with 1.5 gHz G4

Old 09 September 2004   #8
modo is really having problems with OS X or these are just isolated cases?

thanks

Old 09 September 2004   #9
Originally Posted by digones: modo is really having problems with OS X or these are just isolated cases?

thanks

i am thinking it has to be isolated coz it was developed on OS X

Old 09 September 2004   #10
i actually got it to work by downloading the pc file and using the .lic file from that, it works now, i cant complain

Old 09 September 2004   #11
Originally Posted by nuclearfessel: I would be really interested to know how Modo performs on a 15" powerbook with 1.5 gHz G4

Just installed on my 17" PowerBook G4 1.5Ghz (BTO 128MB ATI card)... everything went smoothly, performance is great as well... now launching the tutorials and starting to learn.

Old 09 September 2004   #12
Originally Posted by digones: modo is really having problems with OS X or these are just isolated cases?
Problems? I don't think the license key is a major problem.

Old 09 September 2004   #13
Originally Posted by nuclearfessel: I would be really interested to know how Modo performs on a 15" powerbook with 1.5 gHz G4

Don't know how useful the info really is, but my robot in the wip thread was mostly built on my old 800mhz powerbook....

Old 09 September 2004   #14
Originally Posted by Griffon: Don't know how useful the info really is, but my robot in the wip thread was mostly built on my old 800mhz powerbook....

:: falls over while orange juice flies out of nose ::

damn you luxology people

damn you for bringing it out when i have no money

Old 09 September 2004   #15
since I havent' tested i I don't know what exactly goes wrong when "license problems" appears.

PS: and I've heard about UV and Subd probs too, but this another story

thanks

Thread Closed share thread