Welcome to the Luxology Modo forum

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

09 September 2004
Thumbs up Welcome to the Luxology Modo forum

Hi all,

To coincide with the launch and availability of Modo, welcome to the CGTalk Modo forum - officially endorsed by Luxology. You'll find links to this forum and CGNetworks in the Modo software. A big thanks to Luxology and Brad Peebler for working with us to make this happen.

Welcome all!

Leonard

09 September 2004
Let the good times begin. Looking forward to seeing the modo community grow here.

09 September 2004
Rock on guys! I already ordered mine!!!

Gary

09 September 2004
Originally Posted by GaryHaus: Rock on guys! I already ordered mine!!!

Gary

are you downloading?

09 September 2004
Yes, Indeed - souped up Lightwave - may the games begin!!

Solomon W. Jagwe
Soreel GraFX
http://www.sowl.com

09 September 2004
let us know what your first impressions are . . .

09 September 2004
I did download it. I am currently viewing the PDF docs. I am on a dual G5 2Ghz(2.5Gb of ram) It seems very fluid (albeit a bit alien compared to using Maya). I have been using using Maya since it was in beta years ago and this just seems more like what a modeler should 'feel' like. I will need to spend time(obviously) learning it. Anyway, off to play a little Fable for awhile.

Cheers,

Gary

09 September 2004
Yay!

A) Will actually be able to see stuff about it if I want.
B) Threads that pop up in the LW area can now be moved before the whole place burns down.

PS: if anyone is allowed to say, I'm curious how much the Lightwave Freinds and Family discount is (but not going to jump through the purchase hoops yet.)

Last edited by zuzzabuzz : 09 September 2004 at 02:25 AM.

09 September 2004
so what makes modo better then other programs?

09 September 2004
It takes a little mo' do' to purchase than other modelers.

09 September 2004
Talking

Nice! I want to see it in action...but I'm low on $$$ Any word on the availability of a demo?

09 September 2004
Originally Posted by chikega: It takes a little mo' do' to purchase than other modelers.
Ha ha ha. That's funny. But on a more serious note, any demo's available any time soon?

*edit* I was beaten to that question.

09 September 2004
Ha!

Originally Posted by chikega: It takes a little mo' do' to purchase than other modelers.

Good One!

09 September 2004
Originally Posted by zuzzabuzz: A) Will actually be able to see stuff about it if I want.
B) Threads that pop up in the LW area can now be moved before the whole place burns down.

PS: if anyone is allowed to say, I'm curious how much the Lightwave Freinds and Family discount is (but not going to jump through the purchase hoops yet.)
The Lightwave discount is $100 so Modo will cost LW users $595. I want to buy also but have a few questions.

How long is the discounted price good for?

If we buy into Modo now will Nexus cost us less than if we wait and buy both together?

Cheers,
JS

09 September 2004
Brad Peebler just posted this in the news section about the Demo. So no more asking about it.

We are considering a demo version and how best to implement the required technology to make it safe. We have some ideas on how to make it happen but no official word on if or when. Wish I could be more complete on this topic. In the meantime we will try to produce more videos to address specific questions that have come up on the forums.
End Quote

Thread Closed share thread