PA Challenge - character - lildragon

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 02 February 2002   #1
PA Challenge - character - lildragon

Heya guys, it's great to see some very good and early entries, I'm really looking forward to completing this model

Ok a lil background.

================================================
Kar is a warrior of the Kaloas tribe. Kaloas are peaceful by nature, but now very battle worn by recent wars that unfortunately plagued the land. Such wars caused massive desolation of the lands and inevitably contaminated the earth and air.

The freak appearance of the Kaloas such as their elongated and extreme limbs were caused from extensive experimental radiation poisons leaking into once clean waters.

The Kaloas rely on their quickness and evasion skills, so masterful with melee weapons they find that the use of guns are meant for weaker races such as man.

Kar is one such warrior Kaloa, and he now steps out to aid his tribe and help rebuild what was once their peaceful land.
================================================

Ok enough of that here's the concept I'm planning to model. I'm leaning towards his left glove. He has no shoes, that's because they're no shoes comfortable enough to be worn , plus their skin at the bottom of their feet protects them from the radiation, but they still need to detoxify their feet every few hours, or their skin starts to react like man's would. He'll have a detox kit on his belt.

Last edited by lildragon : 02 February 2002 at 08:11 AM.

Old 02 February 2002   #2
sorry guys my host is acting up, you should be able to see the image now

Old 02 February 2002   #3
good start and very origional

Old 02 February 2002   #4
good start indeed. tho you HAVE to make his helmet connect to somewhere that would be awesome.

Old 02 February 2002   #5
Cool. I like how you've exaggerating the feet and hands. I think this is the first Alien entry so far.

Old 02 February 2002   #6
thanx guys

Equinoxx: great idea, will definitely add

MadS: yeh I was going for crazy limbs and a fun challenging character in general, can't wait to see the result in 3D and I do believe you're right about the entry, altho it's still early... thanx again

Old 02 February 2002   #7
Wow...this one ought to be a fun challenge to model. Excellent start my friend.

Old 02 February 2002   #8
like I said very nice character lil it hard to come up with some origional for this challenage and you got a great start there . good work

Old 02 February 2002   #9
Talking

Héhé,

I love the design of your character because it s not like the others...
I m waiting to see your wip with interest

Good work lil and enjoy...

Old 02 February 2002   #10
Taoizm: oh yes and thanx

Dan Dixon: I hope it goes well thx

Cédric: yeh I'm waiting to see also heheh

now to 3D I go

Old 02 February 2002   #11
just blocking it out and nailing down the proprotions, also started some detailing.... crits welcomed

if the above acts up, you can get it here http://www.playazz.com/temp/body.jpg

cheers

Old 02 February 2002   #12
Ah....proof as to why I think its better for me to stay away from character modeling/design...

I love the concept (I have a thing for characters with big hands), really neat. Cant wait to see what he looks like when you are done..and even further..id love to see you drag out a walk cycle with him...

Old 02 February 2002   #13
thx NowInc, I'm definitely making a walk cycle, think of how the Tauren walks in World of Warcraft, (you have to watch the trailer)

regards

Old 02 February 2002   #14
do you have a link buddy? nice start by the way

Old 02 February 2002   #15
nice concept.

try this one for the movie >
http://www.blizzard.com/wow/

share thread