Beast - WIP

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 09 September 2004   #1
Beast - WIP

Would like som comments on this guy:

Thanks

Old 09 September 2004   #2
Looks like your off to a good start so far.. I really wish i knew more about sculpting muscles, and such... Keep up the good work, and keep us updated...

Old 09 September 2004   #3
It's looking great. The only thing I see that may need some tweaking is the pose. He is a bit off centered. I am assuming that it will be animated later. Did you edit it with an adaptive skin or are you editing it in Zsphere Preview mode? I ask because if you are doing the later you can repose it easily enough without having to redo all the detal work you have already done.

Old 09 September 2004   #4
I see this effect quite often.
Think of muscles as a collection of intersecting balloons, there are very few concave shapes in anatomy.

Keep it comin!
Kanga

Old 09 September 2004   #5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentat7
It's looking great. The only thing I see that may need some tweaking is the pose. He is a bit off centered. I am assuming that it will be animated later. Did you edit it with an adaptive skin or are you editing it in Zsphere Preview mode? I ask because if you are doing the later you can repose it easily enough without having to redo all the detal work you have already done.

I did an adaptive skin before defining the muscles, so I've decided to start again from the spheres, phew...

Thanks for inputing yall!

Old 09 September 2004   #6
Mr. Learner .. good start dude ...!! Yeah ...ya might wanna throw the extra digits in before you commit to the mesh. General muscle and anatomy solid though.. keep it up !

Skipstah

Old 11 November 2004   #7
Looks good, I especially like the arms. Good anatomy as far as I can see in that particular region.

Old 11 November 2004   #8
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeirdoStudio
I really wish i knew more about sculpting muscles, and such...

You should buy "Dynamic Figure Drawing" by Burne Hogarth, actually its for painting but its extremly usefull when modelling in 3D.

Old 01 January 2006   #9
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread