High Resolution Stills from Shark Tale

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 09 September 2004   #1
High Resolution Stills from Shark Tale

>>Check them out<<
FIXED LINK!
-R
This message does not reflect the opinions of the US Government

Last edited by RobertoOrtiz : 09 September 2004 at 04:18 PM.

Old 09 September 2004   #2
link doesn't work... even if i copy and paste to browser
also tried removing the first http:// since there are 2
same problem

the weird thing is that in microsoft internet explorer it just gives a "this page cannot be displayed" message

on firefox i get directed to the microsoft website

Old 09 September 2004   #3
http://www.monstersandcritics.com

Old 09 September 2004   #4
They kind of remind me of the "Rainbow Fish" kid books.

YouTube Channel
Char Maya Character Rig

Old 09 September 2004   #5
I'm wondering the significance of them being marine animals.

Old 09 September 2004   #6
im impressed, i like what theyve done with the underwater world here.

Old 09 September 2004   #7
I'm not a big fan of the colors they chose for the main characters but the jelly fish look quite awesome. The shot with the two jellyfish in front of the blackboard is hilarious.

Old 09 September 2004   #8
Hmm..interesting! I REALLY like the jellyfish. Of course, there will be a lot of comparison to NEMO but the quality of light in this is very different than Pixar's movies. It also looks like they didn't emphasize the "cloudy water" look as much as NEMO did. I hope for animation's sake it does really well but some non-animator friends of mine have already said it looks like a NEMO ripoff! :( If the story is great, people will come to see it no matter what.

I also like the choices for voice talent but sometimes I long for the days of unknown voice actors with really unique characters up their sleeves. Remember Evinrude (sp) from the rescurers?!

Old 09 September 2004   #9
I agree, im not getting as much of an underwater feel,.. and the rendering doesn't seem to live up to Nemo,.. but it does seem to be an entirely different story with an interesting take on the underwater. yeah the jellyfish rastafarians are great!

Old 09 September 2004   #10
I can't believe it but I actually want to see this now! When I first heard about it I thought it was just going to be a Nemo type thing which in all fairness was very good but it was a little to juevenile for my taste, I mean I'm not a kid anymore but I know the kids loved it and all that. Shark tale looks like it's going to have more of an adult theme...hopefully? I'm definitely going to this.

Old 09 September 2004   #11
Originally Posted by BRUTICUS: I agree, im not getting as much of an underwater feel,.. and the rendering doesn't seem to live up to Nemo

That is an artistic choice of the director, not a technical issue or lack of ability on the teams part.

Old 09 September 2004   #12
agreed that it was most probably a creative decision, but my opinion still stands

Old 09 September 2004   #13
hmm wow what an original idea.
lets a make movie with underwater creatures.
these ones however, look all the same, overall look uncontrolled, colors for the colorblind to see colors, bad characters vs background readability, seems all the same squashed and lifeless.

i dont like these pics one bit. i know the 3d moving will help them come alive but this seems subpar. this seems cg done by techdudes not artists.
pixar has a timeless quality about it. they are smart and dont technically contaminate their look too much.
this will look dated in 2 years, however this already seems today, a corny spinoff of a previous rival company sucess.

bad studio route decision. copyseekers are not creators. flop?

Last edited by kidcodea : 09 September 2004 at 02:28 AM.

Old 09 September 2004   #14
Originally Posted by beaker: That is an artistic choice of the director, not a technical issue or lack of ability on the teams part.

Agreed! That studio is capable of making ANY look they want too. Remember "Fishing", that AWESOME watercolor style animation? BEAUTIFUL!!

Old 09 September 2004   #15
Originally Posted by BRUTICUS: agreed that it was most probably a creative decision, but my opinion still stands
Ok cool, just making sure. Your statement sounded like "kidcodea" post who believes it is that artists fault for this look instead of a directors conscious decision for it.

Thread Closed share thread