CGTalk > Technical > Graphics Programming
Login register
Thread Closed share thread « Previous Thread | Next Thread »  

Old 09-06-2004, 10:57 PM   #1
Galo
Yes, that is me....

artist

Send a message via ICQ to Galo Send a message via AIM to Galo Send a message via Yahoo to Galo
Writing a 3d application

Hey guys,

I am concidering to write a modeler in c# just for the fun of it, i got some books and did some research but what keeps bothering me is that every functionality in programming is explained like pointers, matricces and so on, but there is not one article on how the development is done for such a program, from the start to the end, my books can tell me about every function im gonna need, but i don't know where the heck to begin, do i begin writing the GUI, do i start writing an 3d engine, how are things connected to each other, do i have to seperate the gui design and 3d engine development from each other, and connect them as object so they can appear at the same time.....

Believe me, i searched and did not find what im looking for, can anyone help me here, i even stripped the complete source of blender and wings but at the end it told me nothing.

Hope anyone can help,
Cheers,
Galo

Old 09-06-2004, 11:45 PM   #2
schmu_20mol
Lord of the posts

this should help you:

Design Pattern - Gang of Four [amazon.com]

Old 09-07-2004, 07:34 AM   #3
Galo
Yes, that is me....

artist

Send a message via ICQ to Galo Send a message via AIM to Galo Send a message via Yahoo to Galo
Thanks man, i have stand in front of a design patters book in the store but was not sure if this was what i needed, it is.... allready purchased it on amazone.

Old 09-07-2004, 09:51 AM   #4
schmu_20mol
Lord of the posts

just one quick advise... you'll probably fall in love with some of the ideas or the general ideas behind design patterns - but don't overdo it... that's one of the biggest mistakes you can make imho... stay with 1-2 patterns or else you normally just complicate and bloat the task

Old 01-19-2006, 05:00 AM   #5
CGTalk Moderation
Lord of the posts
CGTalk Forum Leader

Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread