|09 September 2004||#1|
Washington DC, USA
CgTalk Daily Sketch 92: "Battle Angel"
Posted Sep 5, 3:00 am EST
Welcome to the cgtalk sketch group.
We will try to post one of these topics once a day for your enjoyment.
These are the rules:
* Post only your FINAL piece on this thread, based on the topic on the thread.
* 640 x 480 / 480 x 640 OR 800 x 600 /600 x 800
* They can be done on any medium.
* If you wish, you can add a brief text description about your piece.
* Only original compositions. No "tributes" or plagiarizing.
* The topics will be posted every day between 10:00 - 12:00 am US EST.
* The artist also has to post total length of time it took (Thanks Clanger for the idea) and program used.
* Only final pieces can be posted on the thread. They must have been done AFTER the topic has been announced.
* Any piece caught breaking the rules will be taken off the thread.
* The topics will be picked at random from the list on this thread
(The author will be given credit). So guys keep them coming.
*You can add multiple entries, but please dont post WIP (Unless you intend to update them). NEW RULE!
* Ill post ANOTHER thread to quantify and track WHO has participated the most on these threads.
PS To submit your topic ideas and suggestions go to this thread:
|09 September 2004||#3|
the real oneportfolio
Join Date: May 2003
20 min pencil + 1h photoshop
[edit: pic removed to reduce bandwith]
for some reason I still find it easier to colour with the mouse, I have a tablet now but I suppose I will have to get used to it...
Last edited by elmasfeo : 10 October 2004 at 05:08 PM.
|09 September 2004||#8|
Faster, More intenseportfolio
Join Date: Mar 2003
OpenCanvas, Photoshop/Wacom/About 1,5 Hours. (15 minutes Photoshop)
I was tempted to do a battle angel alita, but that is best left untouched. So I decided for this one instead. A little experiment in light.
Block01cube: Dont know gimp, but then again I dont use linux. I dont quite get the angel part in that pic. Or the battle part. What am I missing?
Elmasfeo: Lol, he looks pissed.
Edouard: Great style! very iconic. I like that style.
Drumwhore: What can I say, you keep churning out this high quality stuff. Does he look like you btw?
Hawk: Where's the pic?
JhonnyGoo: Hehe, Terminator angel.
"Although all of this remains quite questionable"
[ Strange Behaviour ][ Sketchbook] [ Little Chicken ]
Last edited by Supervlieg : 09 September 2004 at 07:38 PM.
|09 September 2004||#10|
Lead Concept artist
Hehe, some very cool entries sofar, I especially like the one Drumwhore did....
Here's my rendition of today's topic, I started of with a red colorscheme but ended up wi th this...
3h, painter 8
Last edited by rhemrev : 09 September 2004 at 08:11 PM.
|09 September 2004||#13|
Graphic Designer / Illustrator
Join Date: Jan 2004
Thx for the comments guys
What can I say, you keep churning out this high quality stuff. Does he look like you btw?Nope, I don't have that haircut, neither the piercings.. not even blue eyes hehe only the goatie
|09 September 2004||#15|
VFX artist/ Programmer
Join Date: Jul 2004
No Pressure,,,,,, but I cant wait to see Rasdasa's on this one.
(Its just that all of his could be battle angels. )
I'll start one in a few...
Cool so far:
Pooby - that looks so drugged and innocent....damn cool.
rhemrev - nice mood, I really get a feeling of power from that one. But somehow still delicate. vbmenu_register("postmenu_1554897", true);
|Thread Closed share thread|